Stationed at Fort Bragg, Lathe Access?

GoodWComputers

New User
Brendan
I've been stationed at Fort Bragg for a nine month deployment and am missing my woodshop back home, especially my lathe. Is there anywhere I can rent shop space to do some bowl turning?

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
NCWW does have a Goodwill Lathe program, open to any member. The member can have full access to the lathe, lathe tools, sharpening equipment for approximately 3 months. If you've not used a lathe before, it is recommended to locate a local member that has that can go over the various tools and safety steps. You will need to purchase your own face shield, readily available starting around $20-25.

If you anyone is interested, we can add you to the list.

GoodWComputers

New User
Brendan
NCWW does have a Goodwill Lathe program, open to any member. The member can have full access to the lathe, lathe tools, sharpening equipment for approximately 3 months. If you've not used a lathe before, it is recommended to locate a local member that has that can go over the various tools and safety steps. You will need to purchase your own face shield, readily available starting around $20-25.

If you anyone is interested, we can add you to the list.

I'm extremely interested, can you provide more details?

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
That's a shame, I wonder what happened to all the equipment.
A lot of the equipment was sold at Auction by the MWR branch which runs the craft shops. I picked up a couple of Jet Midi lathes (Sold one to pay for both. Sold the variable speed and should have sold the other.:confused:), a few other things as well. Most notable were several hand screw clamps.

bs7584

Brad
Corporate Member
When the Falcon Children's Woodshop is open, I'm sure John would love to have you up to demonstrate turning to the kids. He's up there in the afternoon several days a week and also gets up there on the weekends from time to time. I have a mini lathe with all the accoutrements in my garage shop for small bowl turning. I try to get out there several evenings during the week and on weekends. I'm stationed at Bragg and live in Fayetteville. Hit me up if you would like to set something up. email: bjs.prs@gmail.com

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
If you want to come to Lexington, high rock lake area, youre more than welcome to use my PM3520 , im completely setup for bowls. Make a day of it if you want, probably 2 hrs away.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS