Stanly County Agri-Civic Day August 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Do bring a chair. A cooler with water is always needed. We got the tables covered!

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Looking forward to having all of you this year! Should be our biggest event ever! Please have a fire extinguisher in your booth. We are planning 20' for NCWW. See you on the 19th!

The event opens at 9, so the earlier you can get there and set up the better. Thanks in advance folks!

JackLeg

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looking forward to having all of you this year! Should be our biggest event ever! Please have a fire extinguisher in your booth. We are planning 20' for NCWW. See you on the 19th!

The event opens at 9, so the earlier you can get there and set up the better. Thanks in advance folks!

JackLeg

Reggie, last year we had three shelters set up - 30 feet across the front. Is there a way to make sure we have that same amount of space?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Reggie, when you get a chance please post the address of the Agri Center for those of us that rely on GPS to get anywhere.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Let's see we have commitments from the following:

Raymond
Berta (handouts only - no working for you, my friend)
mquan01 (Mike)
Barry W
MikeH - can you confirm you will be there for sure?
robliles (Rob)
KenofCary (Ken) can you confirm at this time, Ken?

I will be bringing two coolers one with water and ice and one with ice only.

robliles

Rob
Corporate Member
Raymond,

I will definitely be there Saturday (might as well, I was there last Saturday). I also will bring a cooler with water and ice as well as a couple of chairs. I will be glad to help in any way and with any projects as needed. Really looking forward to meeting and seeing everyone Saturday!

Rob Liles

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
We only have you scheduled for 20' of booth space which is what I thought you had last year. We'll try and accommodate you for 30' if you really need that much.

Reggie, last year we had three shelters set up - 30 feet across the front. Is there a way to make sure we have that same amount of space?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
It will probably be about 10AM before I get there (it's about a 3 hour drive from here) but I should make it this year.

For those with GPS the address is:

Stanley County Agri-Civic Center
26032 Newt Rd.
Albemarle, NC 28001

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
We only have you scheduled for 20' of booth space which is what I thought you had last year. We'll try and accommodate you for 30' if you really need that much.

Yes, we had three lathes, a scroll saw, and a table display for the Burial Urns and Flyers.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
It depends on how far away that third booth would be. We are already short handed since i can't be there. If it is close enough so we can watch it and answer questions from the other two booths then it may be possible. I hate to leave a booth unmanned and i hate to take away from the kids learning woodwork to have someone go check on that booth.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would rather deal with a limited 20 foot space than have to deal with a separate space. We are already short staffed and don't really want to split our group up for separate purposes. A single space is better than multiple spaces in my opinion. I expect a separate space would not be well attended or manned.

Just my opinion.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I have good news for NCWW! After checking directly with our Fire Marshall today, there is no problem with you having 3 tents aligned! So, your wish is granted and we look forward to having you with us. When you arrive on Saturday morning, look for the Volunteers in the "Construction Green" T shirts. One of them can help you. My cell is 704-322-2552 and feel free to call me when you hit the site and if possible I'll help you find your space!

:notworthy:

I would rather deal with a limited 20 foot space than have to deal with a separate space. We are already short staffed and don't really want to split our group up for separate purposes. A single space is better than multiple spaces in my opinion. I expect a separate space would not be well attended or manned.

Just my opinion.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
What a great day! Berta, KenofCary, robliles, Barry W, mquan01 all turned up for a very hectic day of Light Sabers, Bird Houses and I think a couple Bee Houses.

Yes, the heat and humid was out in force but, thankfully the humidity was not as oppressive as past years.

Plenty of smiles from young and old alike, I know we assisted a couple of grandparents that wanted to make a gift for a grandchild and they stepped right in, a couple of parents wanted to try their hands for their toddlers and of course, the children, of all ages, walked away with miles of smiles.

I took a camera and plain forgot to take any photos take any. Hopefully some of the others might have snapped a few and will post later. If not, then the rest of y'all missed out another wonderful outing.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I also forgot to take some pictures since I was busy most of the time I was there. I sure hope somebody took some pictures to prove this really happened.

But it was a really good experience and I thank all of our volunteers who showed up to help us help others learn something about woodworking.

A good time was had by all. Especially the smiles on the children's faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS