Staircase Saw

Scott H

Scott
User
Thank you for the step by step explanation with photos! That is really fascinating. I have never heard of this method before seeing this thread.

Last edited:

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
A split nut screwdriver yes, I have a couple of them of different styles.
I get that - I guess in my mind, I would not want to get a tool for adjusting. (as I write this, I am thinking maybe it requires a tool to ensure the proper pressure to hold the blade in place?

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I get that - I guess in my mind, I would not want to get a tool for adjusting. (as I write this, I am thinking maybe it requires a tool to ensure the proper pressure to hold the blade in place?
The kerf that the blade rides in was cut with that blade without set. So the fit is tight, add a little pressure from the nuts and the blade isn’t going any where. I’ve had it set at 1/4” for quite some time. This is simply a copy of many that I have seen over the years. The beauty that Jim has shared with us hear is more like a high end plane, and is an exceptional piece of work. I have a kerfing plane under way that will be more like a plow plane when it is finished.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS