Staff to do list & Help Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Both of these have been redone using a new piece of software. What do people think. Not so much as a detailed critique, but rather is it better that the ways we were doing them before.

This will tell us if we still have to keep looking for something else or just write our own. Though, to be honest, Extra Thread Field software that we are using is basically the right idea, we might want to enhance it a bit and make it our own.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve to be honest, I think that the extra thread fields are going to be helpful in the Staff to do List as a way to keep track of what is being done by whom.
But I think that including it in the Help Desk is only going to make things more confusing for the members. The way I see it is that any member that posts to the Help Desk is already confused and frustrated that they can't figure out how to do something. Adding the extra fields to be navigated in the Help Desk is only going to add to their frustration.
I thought that the Help Desk was working well as it is, if we can get folks to post their problems there instead of elsewhere on the site.
MTCW,
Dave:)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Those fields can help if there is a large volume of help desk requests - something that rarely happens. Perhaps the best way to approach this is to make those fields only available to the staff, not the person making the request. That might require some fiddling. We could make those fields to be optional, to at least ensure people can hit the submit button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors