Stable Rubber Mats

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Don't know if anyone has ever tried these:

4'x6 ft Rubber stable Mats

WE use these to put on slabs to cut vibration from Air Handling Equipment. They work very well, I brought a couple pieces to try outy on my lathe to reduce the vibration. My Lathe is 435 lbs but not bolted down, this does prevent it from moving.
You can get in 3/8 to 3/4 - We only use the 1/2 and 3/4 pretty chep @ 50 bucks. Tractor Supply should have it or any feed store that carries material for stables and farm animals.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I believe TSC has some 3/4" for $44 right now.
My lathe sits on two strips. I'm going to replace a plywood sheet that I stand on when turning with a matching 3/4" thick mat.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I covered my whole shop floor, much better that standing on concrete and dropped tools don’t chip or break.

Reactions: Oka

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Mike, please, did you seal the joints between the mats?

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
I have some in my shop and love them. I did tape the joints in the area of my table saw with black duct tape to prevent the dust from filtering down. I got them from TSC, after a couple days the smell "rubber" was a bit strong, so I dragged them outside in the summer sun for a couple days and they were better.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
They also make a good non-slip, ding proof bed mat for a pick-up truck, that won't blow out when a semi passes on a windy day. I frequently carry small tools, 1 & 2 gal gas cans, etc, in 5 gal buckets, which used to slide all over. Threw in a 4 x 6 stable mat (ridged side up and diamond plate side down) and everything pretty much stays where I place it. Might be an inexpensive option for those with aluminum truck beds, although a full sheet will add close to 100 lbs weight, offsetting some of the aluminum bed advantage. Those with a crew cab may have to trim off a few inches in length, which is easily done with a straight edge and a box cutter.

Last edited:

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Yes, Agreed we do use them in our service trucks as well, just kinda amazing how cheap they are compared to the fitted ones auto supply stores sell

They also make a good non-slip, ding proof bed mat for a pick-up truck, that won't blow out when a semi passes on a windy day. I frequently carry small tools, 1 & 2 gal gas cans, etc, in 5 gal buckets, which used to slide all over. Threw in a 4 x 6 stable mat (ridged side up and diamond plate side down) and everything pretty much stays where I place it. Might be an inexpensive option for those with aluminum truck beds, although a full sheet will add close to 100 lbs weight, offsetting some of the aluminum bed advantage. Those with a crew cab may have to trim off a few inches in length, which is easily done with a straight edge and a box cutter.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
Those stall mats are certainly tough, but for me there wasn't enough give in them for standing when on a concrete garage floor. Plenty tough enough for power tools like table saws, but my feet hurt just as bad as they did on bare concrete. The two I bought are outside on top of gravel and work great when I need to work under my truck. They've held up well for 7 years outside.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS