Spring workshops in Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
January is already booked with a dovetail and scrollsaw workshop. I have February, March and April open for workshops.

Now I just need to determine what the group would like to learn. Almost any subject is possible - I can only teach a few subjects, but I can find the right instructors and there is a good chance I have the tools.

So now what does the group want to learn.

Reply with your ideas and I will pull it all together (lunch menu ideas are also appreciated, I do like to cook)

Here are a few possibles, some might need to be combined with others for a full day:

Prep for finish without sanding

Spray finishing

Basics of stripper canoe building

Japanese joinery

Cabriole legs

Water-borne finishing

Lets see your ideas

Happy Thanksgiving

fulldec

Don
Corporate Member
A nice list of suggestions, I would particularly like:

Basics of stripper canoe building and/or Skin on Frame boat building

Prep for finish without sanding

Thanks for volunteering to host.

Don

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Finishing is always great. Also I would love to see more workshops like the flag box one where we actually made a project vs learning just one technique.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
We are trying to get a Sketchup class going early next year. Does that interest anyone?...It will be a one day hands on class

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Phil
Maybe something with mortise and tenon? Shelf pine put to work on a small cabinet that includes M/T, dovetail, rabbet, and basic joinery steps.

DSC05937.JPG

DSC05934.JPG

left_side_front.jpg

open_door.jpg

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
We are trying to get a Sketchup class going early next year. Does that interest anyone?...It will be a one day hands on class
another YES!
Will it be a "live" class or web based?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS