Spring Picnic Save The Date

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Our Annual meeting and Spring Picnic is May 18. SAVE THE DATE.
It will be at Jordan Lake, Seaforth Shelter.
There will be the usual assortment of Food, Door Prizes and Fun
The Raffle drawing will also be happening.

SAVE THE DATE!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Yee Hah! I plan to be there with a load of phenolic material, which folks can preorder.

Pdkennelly

New User
Parley
This happens to be on my birthday, and I have to work in the afternoon. :( I've never been to one of these picnics. Is it kid friendly, what kind of goings on are there?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Kids are welcome, but not dogs - the park does not allow them. We usually try to have some hot dogs or other food for the kids but not always. The attendees bring sides so there is usually something for everyone. We will cater the event from Danny's BBQ and have Beef Brisket and Pork BBQ for the adults and kids that want some.

There is usually a swap table, a for sale table and a take it if you want it table set up for tools. The park is a great place to visit so if you fish bring a rod and reel. There is a beach nearby but it may not be warm enough yet to swim. There's a small charge to get into the park with a senior discount.

It is a great time to meet and talk to other woodworkers and just hang out and have a good time. Everybody is friendly and we welcome first time attendees. Come and introduce yourself and enjoy. We'd love to see you there.

It is also the site of our official annual meeting that we're required to have in our corporate by-laws. We'll announce the results of the Board of Directors election and hold the drawing for the big annual raffle. You do not have to be present to win a raffle prize (some valued over $1000) but there will also be many door prizes awarded to those in attendance - you do have to be present for the door prizes.

Come join us and have a great time.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
It is kid friendly, the whole family is welcome. We bring a dish to share, usually have a game or two (woodworking related). Door prizes! You wear a name tag so we can match a name/handle to a face. The Board of Directors is introduced. We also draw for the raffle prizes! As many of the prizes as we can will be there to be awarded... I think it’s a fun day.

Pdkennelly

New User
Parley
Thank you both. We'll see how many of us want to come. Is there a charge for the picnic? I saw the raffle is only $5 a ticket. Do we just need to bring sides to go with BBQ or drinks, etc?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you both. We'll see how many of us want to come. Is there a charge for the picnic? I saw the raffle is only $5 a ticket. Do we just need to bring sides to go with BBQ or drinks, etc?
There is no cost for the picnic. Just sign up and bring a dish to share.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
The park does charge a small fee for parking, I think it is $5 / car with a senior citizen discount.

Bringing the family helps your chances to win door prizes as we issue door prize tickets to everyone you bring with you. Even babies.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
How about a table for magazines! Bring any and all your magazines you're tired of warehousing to swap or give away. Also will there be any raffle prizes to give away to those only who attend the event? These would be free, no purchase ticket.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
How about a table for magazines! Bring any and all your magazines you're tired of warehousing to swap or give away. Also will there be any raffle prizes to give away to those only who attend the event? These would be free, no purchase ticket.

Magazine table is a good idea. On the free prizes - Yes, but we call them door prizes, not raffle prizes. Everyone who attends will be able to win a door prize. There will be many door prizes to give away - no purchase necessary, but you do have to be present to win these.

You needn't be present to win a raffle prize - we have the email you entered when you purchased the tickets and will contact you to arrange pick-up. The grand prize, a Rikon 15" Planer, will need to be picked up at one of the Klingspor stores or other arrangements made.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
We generally start setting up around 9AM (if you want to help setup, that is always welcome) and expect people to start arriving around 10AM. We will sell raffle tickets and socialize from 10 to noon and have lunch around noon once we can get the food from Danny's BBQ around when they open at 11AM, so the food will arrive around 11:30.

After lunch we'll have a brief meeting where we announce the winners of the BoD election and go over some minor business. Following that will be the drawing for raffle prizes which you do not have to be present to win. Following that we will draw for door prizes which you do have to be present to win. Every member of your party, including infants gets a door prize ticket so bring the family to increase your chances to win.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS