Spring Donation Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Okay -
Time has passed and it is here. Well it will be Tuesday.
The Spring Donation Drive.
I didn't get much input - so
all I know to do is run it like the Fall drive.
Questions may be asked that I can't answer -
particularly relating to our non-profit status.

Jim - Can you dust off the barometer?

I hoped we'd have credit card acceptance in place. Should we ask again about using one of our members for credit card donations?
Tuesday I should have a post up and we'll be underway.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I am real close on the cc processing. It likely will not happen by Tuesday though. We can utilize paypal for donation drives though.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Maybe we should hold off for a week. Using someone else for CC processing plays absolute h%*l with my accounting. The reporting format is whatever our host wants it to be and is not necessarily consistent, so all my accounting has been manual so far.....verrry manual.

Last time there were only 5 inquiries about CC and they were all in the first 24 hours. All but one did use PayPal. The one [STRIKE]had [/STRIKE]has an issue with PayPal.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Read.... BTW Jim (froglips) can not see this thread so I hope you contacted him directly.

One point to bring up is some folks work for companies that do matching grants/donations for Non profits. Our ad campaign should make mention of that. I am just not sure how we tally that or how/what paperwork will be required.

TracyP

Tracy
Maybe we should hold off for a week. Using someone else for CC processing plays absolute h%*l with my accounting. The reporting format is whatever our host wants it to be and is not necessarily consistent, so all my accounting has been manual so far.....verrry manual.

Last time there were only 5 inquiries about CC and they were all in the first 24 hours. All but one did use PayPal. The one [STRIKE]had [/STRIKE]has an issue with PayPal.

So are you saying paypal is ok for this donation drive if I can't get cc processing through by launch date? Some folks will be skeptical of cc processing on our own. Some folks will be skeptical of any online processing..... Paypal is extremely secure for the most part.

M

McRabbet

I suspect that PayPal will allow donations (they didn't like raffles) for a non-profit. PayPal is very secure and frankly, I'd like us to pursue it vigorously. I would have no qualms about making my donation using it. I recommend we delay the start of the Donation Drive until we have this addressed.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Yes, PayPal is fine. But if you get the CC setup going a week after launch, how's it going to look switching from Rick (or whoever we use) to our own CC setup?

TracyP

Tracy
Yes, PayPal is fine. But if you get the CC setup going a week after launch, how's it going to look switching from Rick (or whoever we use) to our own CC setup?

Rick does not participate in the donation drive. Only in the raffles. We use paypal exclusively for the donation drives. The only issue with paypal is with raffles.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I have no problem waiting a week.
I think I'd, no - I KNOW I'd rather us be self-sustaining.
If it works okay, if not then we'll do what we have to.
Tracy, again I'm not meaning to push you or anyone else. You are kinda in the hot seat on this so that's why I address it to you.
Joe ANYTHING we can do to make it easier on you is the only way to go!
Rob I've had paypal issues that never were resolved and I will not use them. I'm glad other people are happy with them, but - there's always one... this time I guess its me. I'll send Joe a check!
I did not contact Jim but will. Oversight on my part. I didn't think (everyone stand back in awe).
Scott I'll contact an accountant friend of mine on the matching stuff. He works a lot with the united way so he might have some good information.

So next Monday we're going either way.
Thank you gentlemen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS