Spoons & scoops

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark2

Mark
Corporate Member
Some scrap maple and some cherry and Ambrosia?? salvaged from the firewood pile and too much time on my hands

DSCF1748.JPG

mark2

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks for the encouragement - I started using olive oil (on the crooked spoon) but have moved to mineral oil for the finish because some say olive oil will eventually go rancid.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
They are all good, but I think I would have to agree with Mark (SteelWheel) - the one on the upper right is my favorite. I like the way the stripe is used and the way it isn't. The bent handle to keep it from being a boring old straight handle with the stripe is a clever design element. The tiger stripes are purty also. there is nothing there I don't admire.

Dean Maiorano

New User
Dino
Nice stuff Mike, keep 'em coming.

Years (decades) ago, I carved spoons and no one wanted them. It's been nice to see such honest work and obvious utility receive more attention since then. I couldn't give the things away at that time and as the years have passed carved utensils have even received front page focus in some of the woodworking magazines. Funny how the world turns (and carves!).

I've used olive oil and yes, it goes rancid with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors