Spoon Carving Class in Orange County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Jane is one of the best spoon makers and instructors in the World.

If you are serious about greenwood carving you should take this class.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
[FONT=&quot]Carve a simple and elegant one-piece breton-style spoon![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Go into the woods and fell a tree, split it, rough it out using an axe and drawknife, then carve the spoon using straight and curved knives. On the final day you will be able to decorate your spoon using the traditional techniques of chip carving and colored wax inlay.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Throughout the workshop, Jane will help you refine your axe and knife techniques and learn safe, efficient methods of work including a range of knife grips. More experienced carvers will be encouraged to explore decorated and pierced styles of one piece spoons that were made around southern Brittany in the 1800s.[/FONT]
Elias-Chair-class-17-300x300.jpg

[FONT=&quot]If you have them, please bring a pencil, ruler, axe, straight knives, curved spoon knives, small saws with you. Don’t worry if you don’t have these as we can provide them. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Amazingly delicious lunches will be provided by Seth Elliott. Class size is limited to 6 students.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A $150 deposit is required to register. If written cancellation is received up to two months before the class start date, a 50% refund will be provided. Within two months no refund is offered.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BRETON-STYLE SPOON CLASS, July 22nd to 24th, 2019 – $650[/FONT]

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
That is a worthwhile venture, if you have any interest in this at all, this is a bargain.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
That is a worthwhile venture, if you have any interest in this at all, this is a bargain.

At $650 for 2 days? I like wooden spoon carving with green wood but don't plan on making +12 spoons/year. Nonetheless, it could be a fun class just to learn the techniques and Elia's shop location is near Hillsborough, NC but definitely out in the country.

Graywolf carved his first spoon a short time ago which turned out very nice.

https://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66223

Last edited:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I would be happy to co-host a workshop with Richard at 20% the cost of Jane's. I'm sure between us we have enough tools to go around.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
While my shop is not the most convenient as many others I probably have one of the best views. I would be happy to make my shop available for this or any other workshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS