Spalted Oak Horses

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Cut this out of a roughly 3/8" piece of spalted oak. It measures about 6" high and 14" long. The feet were cut of a piece of scrap from the same piece of wood.

Attachments

• fret horses on splated oak.jpg
    fret horses on splated oak.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 224

sapwood

New User
Roger
Scott, that's a great blend of wood and craftmanship :icon_thum
However, I request that you give us the full size pix and put it in your gallery instead of attaching photo. I want more detail :-D

Roger

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Is all that dark tone just the spalting or did you wood burn some details?

It seems like a very good choice and use of wood!

Mike thanks for the compliment. The coloring is all natural. All I did was to add a couple coats of water based poly.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow! very nice, the lines of spalting go very well with the flowing scroll work manes and tails. Perfect choice of wood for the project. I'll second the request for more detail from a larger picture :icon_thum

Dave:)

woodArtz

New User
Bob
That is beautiful work! The spalted wood makes the horses come alive! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wow! very nice, the lines of spalting go very well with the flowing scroll work manes and tails. Perfect choice of wood for the project. I'll second the request for more detail from a larger picture :icon_thum

Ok. A bigger version of the picture is in the gallery......

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Ok. A bigger version of the picture is in the gallery......

Now you just need to put in the thread like this, you did the hard part, once its in the gallery posting it is a snap.

Splated_oak_horses.jpg

BTW thanks, now I can really see all the detail, and fully appreciate your fine work of art :icon_thum

cskipper

Cathy
Spectacular! Did you cut any of the pieces separately? If not, how in the world did you find a piece of wood that the spalting was so perfect for the tails, mains, etc???? Did you put it between glass? If not, are you worried about any pieces getting broken, even during dusting? It is absolutely beautiful!

lottathought

New User
Michael
That is fantastic.
Makes me wonder if you might have stumbled into something here.
If you can do something like that, have you ever tried to make the image of a person? Kinda like a wood based portrait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS