Source for Finishing Advice & Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Forgive me if I'm covering old ground but there is a great source of information out there for finishing at www.homesteadfinishing.com This site is run by Jeff Jewitt and has a forum dedicated to finishing. Jeff is one of the leading experts out there on the subject. He has written several books and is often featured in FWW. He sells great products on his site and he will take the time to walk you through things if you call. I've had him spend a half hour on the phone walking me through finishing schedule, technique, product recommendation, etc.

I have no connection to Jeff other than extreme gratitude for his help and knowledge.

Steve D

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks for the information. I've heard (read) his name mentioned many times in finishing discussions. His website looks great, and it looks like a great source for my next finishing products purchase. Thanks for posting it. Dave:)

MarvinWatkins

New User
Marvin Watkins
I'll put my two cents in for Jeff Jewitt's site, http://www.homesteadfinishing.com.

I have read one of Jeff Jewitt's books, several of his articles, viewed a couple of his videos and attended an abreviated weekend workshop. All of these were first rate. Jeff has a lot to share with new and experienced woodworkers looking to develop or hone their finishing skills.

The products that I have purchased from Homestead have been great. Of course there are several more I would like to get. :mrgreen: ( I think that is true of just about any woodworking store )

I have posted a handful of questions on the user forums at Homestead. There are a large number of members from across the country on that board and it is entirely focused on finishing and finishing products. The people are friendly, helpful and interested in sharing from their experience and training. Jeff regularly responds directly to user posts.

All in all, a top rate operation.

All that said, I am really glad that we have a forum for woodworkers here in our local, NC, area. :eusa_danc ( I think Homestead Finishing is located in Cleveland, Ohio )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS