Source for claw and ball legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuprousworks

Mike
User
Is there a source for b&c carved legs? I need one for a project that will modify and re-purpose. I've been looking for used/damaged furniture but wondered if they are available as furniture parts.
Mike
Chapel Hill

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Mike: you might look around at Osborne, but most of their stuff is turned. There are other options for wood furnitiure parts than Osborne, but I can't think what they are right now. Here are a few Queen Anne options at Osborne. I have used them before, in fact for a custom order, and was quite satisfied.
https://www.osbornewood.com/Queen-Anne-Legs.aspx

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
+1 for Osborne. I've bought several legs of various sorts from them when in a hurry to get things done and been very happy with the quality. I've also bought carvings to add a decorative touch to some pieces from them when I ran out of time to do them myself. Very good quality.

I think they might use CNC machines to produce the consistent quality they manage, but that works for me.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
+1 for Osborne also, I've used their legs on several builds. I had one leg that was subpar once, but after a call to them, they shipped another without question.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Thanks for this post. I have a table my wife and I are refinishing and one of the legs for the pedestal are broken and I either need to make one or buy one.

Mike

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Thanks for this post. I have a table my wife and I are refinishing and one of the legs for the pedestal are broken and I either need to make one or buy one.

Mike

Mike - I have had good experience with Osborne on exactly this type of 'repair/replacement' if you can match what you have. In my case I expect the original part that cracked came from them, although I did not buy it from them directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors