Source for 6" S&D PVC in Triangle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
I am doing some research on implementing a _real_ dust collection system in my shop. At the moment, I'm trying to design a reasonable duct routing design in my basement shop. So I need to find a local source for 6" S&D (sewer and drain) PVC (2729, not schedule 40). Beyond just buying some pipe, I need to find a place with a wide variety of fittings.

Any ideas?

T

toolferone

I found the pipe at Fergusons plumbing, they had the fittings but were big $$$. I ordered all my fittings from McMaster-carr on-line. Even with shipping they were cheaper.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Ferguson's "Waterworks" division on 1010 road in Cary used to stock it. Ditto Tom's advice re the fittings too!

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Thanks guys! I was thinking that this was too obscure of a question (since most WWers seem to be satisfied with the big-brand chip-collectors). I should have know better!

FWIW, I found that the Lowes at 70/Lynn in Raleigh stocks a bunch of fittings but no pipe.
When I ased the "expert" in the pipe area about this - he insisted the fittings would fit on PVC 40 pipe. He was quite surprised when I asked him to show me and it didn't fit :gar-Bi. I spoke to the store manager about this - he confessed that it was strange to stock fittings but no pipe but these thing are decided by corporate and he has no control over it. :dontknow:

I also figured the Clear-vue system was pretty obscure - I'm happy to find some people here that use it!

GeorgeL

New User
George
Chris,

As to the post DaveO referenced, Agri Supply in Garner has it is WHITE. Everything else I've seen is light green.

I have an approx. 8' length of 6" pipe and 1 6" X 6" X 6" wye left over, they're your's if you want them

George

M

McRabbet

Many Lowe's do stock the Lite Green pipe in 6" diameter, but it is SDR35 and usually is the gasketed joint version that is designed for gravity sewer lines. It is the same outside diameter as 6" S&D (ASTM D2729), but it has a heavier wall (although thinner than Schedule 40). It will fit into the (male) fittings that they also carry that are white in color in the drainage area of plumbing (if you look carefully, you will find both D2729 and SDR35 in the moulding marks and on the boxes). All of Lowe's S&D fittings have gone up in price recently. I'd concur with McMaster or check other major suppliers and get someone with a contractor's license to buy them as they can often get a "wholesale" price.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Chris,

As to the post DaveO referenced, Agri Supply in Garner has it is WHITE. Everything else I've seen is light green.

I have an approx. 8' length of 6" pipe and 1 6" X 6" X 6" wye left over, they're your's if you want them

George

Wow, thanks!

I had been hoping to pick up one piece today to do some experimentation to see how things fit -- but I settled for a few fittings to help me eyeball the spacing. 6" doesn't look as big in Lowes as it does in my basement. I'm very tight with regards to ceiling space in my basement shop, so the design will be challenging...at a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS