Source for 6" PVC (ASTM 2729) - Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeL

New User
George
Does anyone know of a source in the Triangle area that carries 6" thin wall S&D PVC pipe? (ASTM 2729) I have seen ASTM 3035 at Lowes but at $33/10' that is more expensive than SCH 40. I've talked to the special order desk at both Lowes and Home Depot but they don't have a clue.

It seems that I have blown my budget and will not be able to do the ultimate metal duct from K&B ($1400!)

Thanks for your help

George

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Ferguson's supply also usually has it in stock. They are a nationwide company with several locations (I think around 10) in the triangle.

Agri-supply would be hard to beat if they had it in stock though.

Scott

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks Dave,

Where is a JD Lanscape store located?

George

There is one branch located off Hwy. 64 in Apex near Lake Jordan, and another one just outside of the beltline near Capital Bvd. on Westinghouse Bvd. Either location should have or be able to get it. Let me know exactly what you need and I can call on Monday and get some pricing and turn-around time if they have to bring it in.
Dave:)

GeorgeL

New User
George
There is one branch located off Hwy. 64 in Apex near Lake Jordan, and another one just outside of the beltline near Capital Bvd. on Westinghouse Bvd. Either location should have or be able to get it. Let me know exactly what you need and I can call on Monday and get some pricing and turn-around time if they have to bring it in.

Dave,

I need 50' of 6". I'll check with AGRI and Feguson's, if you could call JD that would be great.

Thanks again,

George

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Neither the Agri Supply nor Fergusons in Greenville carry 2729.

FYI, George or anyone need fittings, I have two 6-6-6 wyes and some other misc 6" and 4' fittings left over that I would let go cheap (got the 6" wyes on clearance at Lowes for $2.00 ea.!!!). If you want I could bring what I have to the picnic.

GeorgeL

New User
George
Neither the Agri Supply nor Fergusons in Greenville carry 2729.

FYI, George or anyone need fittings, I have two 6-6-6 wyes and some other misc 6" and 4' fittings left over that I would let go cheap (got the 6" wyes on clearance at Lowes for $2.00 ea.!!!). If you want I could bring what I have to the picnic.

Alan,

I definitely want the 6X6X6 wyes and would like to take a look at the other fittings you have. Please do bring them to the picnic.

George

DaveO

New User
DaveO
George, I called JD today and I can get it for $1.44 a foot, 10" sticks. They don't have any in stock, but will be getting some by the middle of next week.
I can pick-up and deliver if desired.

GeorgeL

New User
George
George, I called JD today and I can get it for $1.44 a foot, 10" sticks. They don't have any in stock, but will be getting some by the middle of next week.
I can pick-up and deliver if desired.

Dave,

Thank you so much for your help. I hope you didn't go to too much trouble. I found the pipe in stock at AGRI Supply in Garner (Thanks Wood nick!) It's about a $1 a 10' stick mire than JD but it's WHITE! I'm going to try to pick some up on the way home from work tomorrow.

By the way, Ferguson's in Raleigh does not carry 6" S&D and wouldn't even look it up for me.

The guy at AGRI Supply in the lawn & garden section (where the pipe is) said they didn't carry it. I took it upon myself to walk out in the yard and found 900 feet! They don't carry 6" fittings.

George

DaveO

New User
DaveO
No troubles or problems. I do believe that the pipe from JD is green, guacamole green :wconfused:
I am just glad that you got what you needed :icon_thum

M

McRabbet

Dave,

I've never seen any D2729 S&D pipe that is [guacamole] green -- are you sure that is not SDR35 (D3034) pipe? That is typically green in color and comes in either gasketed or bellend versions. Its walls are thicker, but OD is identical to D2729. Like GeorgeL, I prefer the WHITE stuff because it matched the fittings and is lighter in weight. I'm also happy to hear that the prices have not gone up significantly -- I bought 140 feet last October for $15/10' length, which is very comparable to the prices mentioned here.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dave,

I've never seen any D2729 S&D pipe that is [guacamole] green -- are you sure that is not SDR35 (D3034) pipe? That is typically green in color and comes in either gasketed or bellend versions. Its walls are thicker, but OD is identical to D2729. Like GeorgeL, I prefer the WHITE stuff because it matched the fittings and is lighter in weight. I'm also happy to hear that the prices have not gone up significantly -- I bought 140 feet last October for $15/10' length, which is very comparable to the prices mentioned here.

Not positive that is was green. My rep said that he thought it was but gave me the price based on the specs not the color. What they have is exactly what George asked for, color is just speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS