Source for 6" pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
I am looking to upgrade the main run for my DC from 4" to 6". Any suggestions for sources on pipe & fittings?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Dave,

Thanks but I was actually thinking PVC. I've googled that myself but if it isn't local, freight is going to kill me. The big boxes seem to only handle up to 4", my other thought is to try a specialty plumbing distributor.

Phil

New User
Phil Capper
try 6" DWV (drain,waste and vent) also called thin wall. the big box may or may not carry it but that what I.ve used and the nipples work with the 6"flex. also , if your tired of waste gates getting plugged with sawdust in the corners so they don't close all the way, try using a y , a nipple and a cap at each connection. as fast as a waste gate, cheaper and non clogging, plus you can use each connection as a cleanout if necessary.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Oh, that is easier, a specialty plumbing distributer would be your best bet. As Phil said DWV would be your best bet, much lighter to handle. If you were in the Raleigh area I could probably find a local source, but you're not. Shouldn't be to hard to find. Good luck, I'm sure someone will chime in later tonight. Dave:)

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Thanks for the input, I'll give DWV a shot. Phil, I'm not sure that I follow what you are talking about for the gate setup. Could you provide a little more detail or a picture? Thanks,

Steve

Phil

New User
Phil Capper
Along your trunk line, where ever there is a machine, insert a 'y'. in the part of the 'y' that points towards the machine, insert a nipple. when the machine is in use, the flex attaches to the nipple. When the machine is not in use close the nipple with a cap (a fitting called an end cap). It's just as fast to remove the cap and attach the flex as it is to open and close a pesky waste gate

Phil

New User
Phil Capper
correction, Steve. Leave a nipple in the cap and a nipple in the end of the flex. that makes changing them real fast

woodguy1975

New User
John
Steve D said:
I am looking to upgrade the main run for my DC from 4" to 6". Any suggestions for sources on pipe & fittings?

Thanks,

Steve

Just call a plumbing supplier. You want the thin walled S&D pipe. The stuff that Lowes carries under S&W is way too thickwalled and heavy. I forge the exact number for it, but you want the lightest stuff available.

Thanks,

John

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Probably about 40' of pipe and a half dozen y's the problem is that I'm in Western NC.

Thanks,

Steve D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS