Some Inprogress Pics (Oak Kitchen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
I have a Leigh D4 jig that I use for all my dovetails. I have other jigs including the famous PC, but I love the variable spacing of the Leigh. It really improves the look of the joint. I use a 2 1/4 HP D-handle dewalt with my jig. The Leigh 16" wide jig is also very good, but if you are going to spring for it get the D4.

John

Canuk said:
Boy! Whoever is receiving these cabinets is a very fortunate dude!

What did you use for the DT drawers? have looking at a DT jig and really at a loss as to the best choice. (I use a 2 1/4 HP Dewalt router.)

Great work John!

Wayne

woodguy1975

New User
John
Here are the pics I promised. I actually intended to have this veneer rotated 180 degrees, but cut the toe notch on the wrong end. The grain match up with the face frame edge grain would have been better.

bthappliedveneer1.jpg

You can see the layers here. The final veneer thickness is right around 1/16" of an inch. Any thicker and wood movement could cause problems at the seams.
bthappliedveneer2.jpg

And the main row of base cabinets ready for delivery.

mainkitchenbase.jpg

Last edited:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Thanks for the additional photos John. Those are coming along very nicely. Have you already completed the uppers? Be sure to post some photos for us once you get them installed. I am sure your customer is going to be very pleased with these cabinets.

D L

woodguy1975

New User
John
The uppers are already at the job site. :) Actually all the cabinets are done and ready to be delivered now after this weekend. I'm starting the solid wood chest of drawers today actually.

John

D L Ames said:
Thanks for the additional photos John. Those are coming along very nicely. Have you already completed the uppers? Be sure to post some photos for us once you get them installed. I am sure your customer is going to be very pleased with these cabinets.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS