Solid wood flooring

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Reeves

New User
John Reeves
Several months ago I was playing with this but all of a sudden the telephone is ringing a bit more than expected.

We provide wider planks in most species and we manufacture in NC. We also provide some specialty laminated and engineered reclaimed heart pine.

I have just cut some Hickory if anyone is interested.

I also have some Wormy Chestnut laminated flooring, unfinished.

Just letting any of you flooring installers know what is available.

John

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
How long have you been doing this, John? I recently installed an "American Chestnut" engineered hardwood floor, very disappointed with the durability of that product.... What is your experience???? It could have been the location - a kitchen, and the appliances that had to be moved over it. Does anyone know the Janka hardness of chestnut?

gator

George
Corporate Member
I just did a quick Google for 'Janka Hardness Scale' and there are many. It looks like Chestnut is 540.

George

John Reeves

New User
John Reeves
Peter,

The kitchen is a problematic place for any floor. High traffic and moving the appliances back will usually cause a scratch or three. Ad dogs and kids to it and you have job security fr a floor finisher.

Also one can not put on the same finish in your home as you can get from a factory. the silicon dioxide and aluminum dioxide finishes are harder than the poly we can buy. Look at the Bellawood 50 year guarantee with the aluminum dioxide. Our manufacture gives a 25 year guarantee for silicon dioxide over an engineered reclaimed heart pine.

The Chestnut I have found to be a softer wood and the finish is not supported by the Chestnut veneer. It can be a beautiful floor but even some of the other species like Walnut or Cherey I would not use in a Kitchen.

I am putting down a rustic wormy red oak in a 5" plank in our kitchen. The wider boards are becoming more popular as well as showing a little character in a floor. the 2 1/8 clear red oak is still the highest selling product but its market share is dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS