SOLD: Beginner Powertools - 12" planer

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
I have a piece of equipment that both work fine that I no longer need as I have upgraded.

The first is a Central Machinery 12" 2.5 HP planer with HSS reversible blades ( new ones installed within last year), and it comes with its own wooden stand. $100. Could be great as a secondary planer if you have boards you are concerned may have nails or metal in and dont want to run through your high end planer.

[SOLD] The other is a 6" jointer from Porter Cable with HSS blades. (new within last 2 years) This also has its own wooden stand.
Brand new its about $383. I am selling for $100 [SOLD]

For someone just starting out these are acceptable tools.

20200418_133831.jpg20200418_133838.jpg

Last edited:

JBourne

New User
Jeff
I have a piece of equipment that both work fine that I no longer need as I have upgraded.

The first is a Central Machinery 12" 2.5 HP planer with HSS reversible blades ( new ones installed within last year), and it comes with its own wooden stand. $100. Could be great as a secondary planer if you have boards you are concerned may have nails or metal in and dont want to run through your high end planer.

[SOLD] The other is a 6" jointer from Porter Cable with HSS blades. (new within last 2 years) This also has its own wooden stand.
Brand new its about $383. I am selling for $100 [SOLD]

For someone just starting out these are acceptable tools.

View attachment 193160View attachment 193161
Is this planet still available? If so, is there any additional info - age, condition, parts availability, etc ?
Does HF still carry the unit ?

thanks

Jeff

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
Is this planet still available? If so, is there any additional info - age, condition, parts availability, etc ?
Does HF still carry the unit ?

thanks

Jeff
Hi Jeff,
The planer is still available. For additional overview info you can find it here (amazon) and here (online manual).

Age: I bought it used, about 4 years ago, I dont know how long the previous owner had it.
Condition: Used with some natural wear. One roller on top has a pin that falls out occassionally, but it doesnt impact the cutting.
Part availability: I was able to put new knives in it about a year ago, and they can be resharpened at home if you have a grinder.

Overall its an OK machine. If interested send me a PM and we can chat about seeing it in action.

JBourne

New User
Jeff
Hi Jeff,
The planer is still available. For additional overview info you can find it here (amazon) and here (online manual).

Age: I bought it used, about 4 years ago, I dont know how long the previous owner had it.
Condition: Used with some natural wear. One roller on top has a pin that falls out occassionally, but it doesnt impact the cutting.
Part availability: I was able to put new knives in it about a year ago, and they can be resharpened at home if you have a grinder.

Overall its an OK machine. If interested send me a PM and we can chat about seeing it in action.
Hi Jeff,

How can we talk soon to make arrangements to get there and see it in operation ?
Having trouble figuring out the process for a personal message thru this site, not very familiar w this set up.

I am very interested at this point.
Jeff

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
How can we talk soon to make arrangements to get there and see it in operation ?
Having trouble figuring out the process for a personal message thru this site, not very familiar w this set up.

I am very interested at this point.
Jeff
Sent you a PM. You should have an envelope in the upper right corner with a red icon on it. Click that and you can view my message. I didnt want to put my private info in the public forum.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
Sent you a PM. You should have an envelope in the upper right corner with a red icon on it. Click that and you can view my message. I didnt want to put my private info in the public forum.
@JBourne You can email me at 'development.director @ ncwoodworker.net' if you cant find the PM I sent. (Take the extra spaces out)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS