Small workshop ideas

Richo B

New User
Richo
I've posted in the past (going back to 2015) about my small workshop. I don't have a dedicated shop or room for woodworking but instead set the workbenches, tool boxes and other surfaces in one half of my two car garage. Everything can be stored against the wall or in the house so the cars can fit inside, especially when Hurricanes or inactivity occur.

Small workshop 2.jpg

I recently posted a video showing the quick process of setting up this workshop as an encouragement to other woodworkers that may find themselves in a similar predicament. Either they are renting or find themselves downsizing from a larger house to a smaller house with less room. Its not for everyone but for many it allows the enjoyment of woodworking in a small space they already have.

Attachments

• Small workshop.jpg
    Small workshop.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 118

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
@Richo B nice video, I just had a chance to look at it - gave you a thumbs up!

Question, at 2:35 you roll in the bottom of your Dutch tool chest there appears to be six or seven drawers (maybe more) in the middle section - did you create that yourself?

Also, a suggestion for a future video? Maybe take a tour through your Dutch tool chest?

Richo B

New User
Richo
@Richo B nice video, I just had a chance to look at it - gave you a thumbs up!

Question, at 2:35 you roll in the bottom of your Dutch tool chest there appears to be six or seven drawers (maybe more) in the middle section - did you create that yourself?

Also, a suggestion for a future video? Maybe take a tour through your Dutch tool chest?
Thanks for watching. There are in fact videos for each of the items you mentioned. The chest of drawers was made by me as a practice of dovetail joinery as the case features nineteen drawer/boxes in total, not just the six that are visible. I wanted drawers based on some rolling tool boxes I'd seen in the Toolbox book published by Tauton Press years ago. Also the section behind the door was designed to replicate the center section of a Philadelphia Secretary in the library at Tryon Palace.

As for a tour of the Dutch Chest, there is already a video of that which sort of went viral within a couple weeks of posting it back in April. It has over 3K views which is far different from the rest of my videos which average 40 views, some much higher and others much lower. I'm not sure what happened but this one video averages 40 views A DAY! I guess I know who my audience is. Right now I've been continuing on the Workshop series with two additional videos on that small workshop, targeting folks who want to enjoy woodworking but maybe don't have that a dedicated shop.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for watching. There are in fact videos for each of the items you mentioned. The chest of drawers was made by me as a practice of dovetail joinery as the case features nineteen drawer/boxes in total, not just the six that are visible. I wanted drawers based on some rolling tool boxes I'd seen in the Toolbox book published by Tauton Press years ago. Also the section behind the door was designed to replicate the center section of a Philadelphia Secretary in the library at Tryon Palace.

As for a tour of the Dutch Chest, there is already a video of that which sort of went viral within a couple weeks of posting it back in April. It has over 3K views which is far different from the rest of my videos which average 40 views, some much higher and others much lower. I'm not sure what happened but this one video averages 40 views A DAY! I guess I know who my audience is. Right now I've been continuing on the Workshop series with two additional videos on that small workshop, targeting folks who want to enjoy woodworking but maybe don't have that a dedicated shop.

Thanks Rich!
I now have some lunch-time watching!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS