Small wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidF

New User
David
Anybody know where I can get some 3" (approx) dia wheels, not with tyre, but either hard rubber or plastic. I need to be able to mount them on an axle so casters are no good.

Thanks

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Would something like this from Northern Tool work?
This is a 6" model, but they have others if you search their website.
18238_lg.gif

Edit: On second thought, Lowes and HD carry replacement wheels for lawnmowers. You can get one that's steel with a rubber outer layer with the bearing built in for pretty cheap.

sapwood

New User
Roger
David, these are free! But they are six inches diameter. There's a little dirt, but they aren't rusted and rubber is good. If you want I'll bring them sometime. Came from hose reel cart.

Sapwood

cartwheels.jpg

Sweetgum

New User
Brad Keisler
I don't know what you're planning on using them for, but skateboard wheels may fit the bill. . .

DavidF

New User
David
They are for use on the lifting assy table I am building. Load rating should be in the 150 - 200 pound range. I think scate board wheels are a bit smaller than that arn't they?

chris99z71

New User
Chris
How about this and just take the bolt out and use the wheel itself...

At $2.49 each, i wouldn't lose a whole lot of sleep throwing away the bracket...

DavidF

New User
David
chris99z71 said:

At $2.49 each, i wouldn't lose a whole lot of sleep throwing away the bracket...

That was the conclusion I came to. Grainger and MMc have a HUGE number of wheels and picking one without seeing it was a problem. The cheapest wheel I found that was suitable was $5+ I'll have a look at HD and Lowes.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Try these *PIC*

I used these wheels from Hartville Tool for my heavy machine mobile bases. They come in 3" (220# capacity) and 4" (275# capacity). The axles are bolt and nut making the wheels easy to remove from supplied mounting. They have dust caps covering roller bearings. The price is good too! Great company to deal with.

36982.JPEG

DavidF

New User
David
Re: Try these *PIC*

Thank you everybody - certainly one of these options will fit the bill.

DavidF

New User
David
chris99z71 said:

Hey Chris, where did these come from - that price is the lowest I've seen.

DavidF

New User
David
That's a 2" wheel worst luck and there is a jump in price for the 3" to the same as HD - shame.

HardRock

New User
Gil
most times you can find replacement wheels for the cheapo push mowers for a couple bucks each. They can usually be found at Tractor supply and Wal-mart or the BORGs .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS