Small Gloat: It's official... Woodguy is Back!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Ok, after being repressed for nearly 2 years the original Woodguy's disease has flared up. :)

You guys probably saw the post about the Meber 24". I was the other buyer for the saw. I went and took a look at it and discussed it with my fiance and the saw is now mine. :) We are moving it Saturday. :) The saw is only about 2 miles from my house/shop.

12213514bZZZZZZZZZ8ak5fcc9139308c13af.jpg

This is Meber number 2 for the shop. Here you can see Mike going at it on the other Meber. You'll notice a striking resemblence. They are the same model/year saws. That makes my life easy for bands and guides.

IMG_8916.JPG

I'm sure the guys during rocker class 3 will get a chance to break in the new Meber.

Thanks,

John

T

toolferone

Re: Small Gloat: It's official... Woodguy's Back!!!!!

Yes, that is a great gloat, but the real gloat is your beautiful fiancée! I am glad I got to see you all at the Klingspor show. If she is allready letting you buy tools then she is a keeper for sure.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member

John,

Congrats on the new saw and new fiancee' (not necessarily in that order). Only possible problem I can see is discussing the purchase with your significant other beforehand. :rotflm: Great to have you back! Dino

woodguy1975

New User
John

Yes, that is a great gloat, but the real gloat is your beautiful fiancée! I am glad I got to see you all at the Klingspor show. If she is allready letting you buy tools then she is a keeper for sure.

She is the real gloat, you couldn't be more right. Even though we have a lot on our plate financially she completely understood and was for the saw purchase. I have always said if I could find another Meber I would get it. I did and it was a stone's throw away. :)

It good seeing you and everyone else at the show. It is so hard to get away these days getting to catch friends for even a few minutes is a great treat. I hope everyone had a great show!

Thanks,

John

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member

Aaaah, competition is back. Was getting boring with just Jeremy. ;-)

Congrats on both counts!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member

Forget the band saw and fiance. If this is a SMALL gloat, I wonder what a BIG gloat would be! :rolf:

Freudian spelling mistake: finance

M

McRabbet

John, congratulations (or as we're starting to say around here "CongROCKulations"!) on the Meber. It was great to see you and your lovely lady on Saturday, but you disappeared so fast that I hardly got a chance to say hello. We are glad to see you back and look forward to seeing more of you here on the forums and, hopefully, at your shop one of these days.

woodguy1975

New User
John

Forget the band saw and fiance. If this is a SMALL gloat, I wonder what a BIG gloat would be! :rolf:

Freudian spelling mistake: finance

I considered this a Big one at least physically. LOL!!! I sold this one during my moveout period. This beast could have been too big. :D

normal_4-30-CompleteFront.jpg

woodguy1975

New User
John

Aaaah, competition is back. Was getting boring with just Jeremy. ;-)

Congrats on both counts!

LOL, Jeremy has done a fine job in my absence. This will probably be it for a good while for tool purchases, but there could be a new shop built in the next year. :)

PeteQuad

New User
Peter

I considered this a Big one at least physically. LOL!!! I sold this one during my moveout period. This beast could have been too big. :D

normal_4-30-CompleteFront.jpg

Oh WOW. What a thing of beauty. That might be too tall for my shop, but if I had it I'd be willing to build a new shop around it.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
John, congratulations on the Meber! Wow, 2 of the same machines! That certainly tells me they must be great saws! But, I don't have 3 phase! Enjoy!

woodguy1975

New User
John
John, congratulations on the Meber! Wow, 2 of the same machines! That certainly tells me they must be great saws! But, I don't have 3 phase! Enjoy!

One quick note on the Mebers. Since the saw is belt drive you can change them over to single phase, but you need to replace the motor, motor pulley, and belt. Not a cheap replacement.

The Mebers aren't overdone on horsepower, but they cut well and are very reliable. I wish they had a couple more HP, but that is ok. I've resawn with Meber #1 and it does very well.

Thanks,

John

woodguy1975

New User
John

Oh WOW. What a thing of beauty. That might be too tall for my shop, but if I had it I'd be willing to build a new shop around it.

This machine took a lot of work. I rebuilt it from the ground up and probably only got to saw on it 1 hr before I had to put it up for sale. :( It was a thing of beauty.

John

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
Came down to the show on Friday with Jeff Goodman and Dave Sandridge. Hoped on an off Chance to see you there but really didn't expect it. Would have loved to return on Saturday when I would have gone by the shop but I needed the shop time for Christmas projects.

Dave and I bought a number of small items including an Hvlp for each, but Jeff sprang for the Powermatic table saw at a good deal. All in all a good day at a nice event. Enjoyed seeing a number of NCWW members and watching some of the Demonstrations.

Glad you're back with tools and Ladies.

Jerry

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
YOU ROCK man ... I am glad you picked up that Meber. Do you plan to dress one like a guy and one like a gal in the shop? Why? Because that's over the top and just funny. You can even give the twins names.

Can't wait to see it at the next class ... maybe I can be the first to break a band on it!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
YOU ROCK!!!!
What a deal, two of the same machine and an awesome machine at that.

Shamrock

New User
Michael
I just love a teacher who puts his students 1st! You see there are 3 of us currently taking the Maloof rocker class and John only had 2 bandsaws. :no: So as you can imagine the lines at the bandsaws were just horrible. John, being the observent one, must have decided that this was just not right, hence the new bandsaw. Now EACH student will have there own bandsaw to work on.:gar-Bi. Now that's what I call unselfish thinking!
Rock on John-glad to hear Jeremy and Travis have some competition again! Looking foward to next class-stock up on the bandsaw blades.

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:clamps-clamps-why do I never have enough clamps

DavidF

New User
David

Sorry to have missed you at the show Saturday John, no dumpster diving for me this year!!! Glad all is settling down for you.

woodguy1975

New User
John

Sorry to have missed you at the show Saturday John, no dumpster diving for me this year!!! Glad all is settling down for you.

LOL!!!!! I almost forgot about that. How could I have forgotten being caught by security dumpster diving for Dave's planer box. LOL!!!!!

It was a definite classic NCWWer moment.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors