Sketch-up Ver 17

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I downloaded SU 17 but found out:
"Google no longer supports sign-in from this version of SketchUp. If you don't use "Sign in with Google", continue to Trimble Sign-In.

If you wish to continue using this version you must migrate to Trimble Sign-In by creating a Trimble password. If you prefer to use "Sign in with Google", you will need to upgrade SketchUp.

I tried the Trimble sign-in and reset password, but alas, nothing!

Any suggestions???

JSJ

Jeff
Corporate Member
I'm forcing myself to learn Fusion360. I find some things much easier to do and faster as well than SU.
"Forcing" is a good word for that process. I am doing the same thing! Lot's of YouTubes with Brit accents and Udemy Academy. Fun!!!;)

JSJ

Jeff
Corporate Member
Yes, the free version for hobbyists. Works great for what for my needs. The fact that it is parametric modeling v. Sketchup is the big plus for me.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I guess I need to try that, I think it will be easier for me than SU!

MLB3164

New User
Marty
Nothing is "free" with Google. I found a download for Sketchup 2017 and it worked around 4 times but now it will not load the main page. Sounds like we went down the same path.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nothing is "free" with Google. I found a download for Sketchup 2017 and it worked around 4 times but now it will not load the main page. Sounds like we went down the same path.
yup, I think so...
I am going to try Autodesk (Fusion 360) tomorrow, but my fear is that it is a "lost-leader" and 3 months, 6 months or a year down the road we will be hunting for "The next cheap or free one!"

MLB3164

New User
Marty
I have tried Fusion 360 and also Aspire. Both seem user friendly but the learning curve appears steep. My focus is looking for a CAD program to use with a CNC that will generate file paths. If you are looking for a basic CAD type program for free maybe try CadStd. CadStd.com -- CAD Software If you find something that works for you please post your thoughts. Thanks

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
I have tried Fusion 360 and also Aspire. Both seem user friendly but the learning curve appears steep. My focus is looking for a CAD program to use with a CNC that will generate file paths. If you are looking for a basic CAD type program for free maybe try CadStd. CadStd.com -- CAD Software If you find something that works for you please post your thoughts. Thanks
Aspire is class leading for CNC routers. Its not really what I would call "CAD" software though.

RickR

Rick
Senior User
Not me. I’m usually using the program to plan overall layout and dimensions for one-off stuff. Have no real use for ‘standard’ parts. Usually don’t even finish the design.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes, I occasionally use the warehouse. I have found that most of what I want is not what they did though. Examples are sheds that look good, but nothing on the inside.
guessing you were signed up before the loss of support?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS