Sketch up help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

Okay, I am a big loser :gar-Cr, not really, I just have a mental block on this stuff.

I am having a difficult time with even the basics of sketch up.:BangHead: I have looked at a few tutorials, but what I really need is :help: s one on one time with somebody (local) to show me how to use it :eusa_pray. It would be a big plus if you have drawn some furniture with it. I would love to get together sometime for a couple of hours my place or yours or somewhere we could get a drink too:eek:ccasion1. This is a little embarassing as I feel I should get it but I just don't. I also have a nicer cad program I would love to learn. Maybe once I get the hang of Sketch up I will try the cad program again. I have Sketch up loaded on my laptop and can use a cordless mouse if it helps.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I would love some training on sketchup also. Maybe after the holidays we could all pool some dollars together and pay a trainer for a real session on sketchup. Somewhere in the center part of the state that would be a fair drive for all!!:widea:

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
For me, SketchUp is TOTALLY aggravating. I have been fairly well trained in AutoCAD and get so frustrated with sketchup it's not even funny.

Tom, you might want to look for some tutorials for the nicer CAD program you have. I know the software may seem overwhelming, but you might have better luck with it.

If I was closer I'd be happy to help w/ the CAD, but alas, Charlotte is a haul.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
We can do a netmeeting if you like. That way, both at home, both see the same screen and talk live on phone. Send me a PM if you want to try it.

The real key to sketchup is making components.

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
Ah, sketch up...brings back memories of frustration, and many beers. I forget how much time I put into it, just to sketch up a 12 x 12 shed.
I grew up on a CAD program that was *nix based, and the the exact opposite of AutoCAD...next job - I needed to learn Autocad - maybe having stood on both sides of that fence made it easier to learn. Not that the shed was as complicated as a piece of furniture can get. But I basically drew all the raw materials ... 2x4, 2x6, sheets of plywood, etc. And then literally "built" the shed by copy/paste.. I should dig that up and add it to my gallery.

I'm no expert - its been at least two versions since I used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS