Site Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
Saw that the site was experiencing issues yesterday, and I see that the database had to be restored since I had a post and a few pictures in my gallery that are no longer there. I was going to re-upload and re-post, but the gallery is not accessible either.

Do we know what happened?

Not upset, these things happen. Well run websites have backups for a reason! Appreciate all of the admins helping to get the site back up.

Thanks.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not sure if this has anything to do with the issues but our web hosting service is making upgrades and moved our website to a new physical location. Not sure of the timing or if it had anything to do with the glitches, but it might have. Normally these kinds of maintenance are supposed to be transparent, but sometimes they aren't so transparent.

Our web admins may be able to provide more information.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
Looks like it wasnt just your gallery that lost images. The classified for me all have broken images this morning. The joys of IT

Not sure if this has anything to do with the issues but our web hosting service is making upgrades and moved our website to a new physical location. Not sure of the timing or if it had anything to do with the glitches, but it might have. Normally these kinds of maintenance are supposed to be transparent, but sometimes they aren't so transparent.

Our web admins may be able to provide more information.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
FlyingRon is working with our web hosting to get it worked out. I know absolutely nothing about how this stuff works except if Ron is working on it, it will get better.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've been having problems all day. Just now got on

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Our web hosting service really let us down and made changes with very little notification. Our webmaster FlyingRon is working diligently on the problem and we hope to have everything back to normal soon.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
sudden server hosting changes will still cause issues with the software, old or new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors