Sign-up for Klingspor Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Again this year we will have a booth at the Klingspor Extravagana in Hickory, NC. The dates are OCT 30-31. For those who attended in the past we had a blast. NCWW will provide lunch both days. We will need volunteers to man the informational table, assist in selling raffle tickets and doing demo's. In past years we have had demos on scrolling, band saw boxes and pen turning. Now is a great time to show your talents to the world. We will also have space to show off your finished works of art. Rob aka McRabbet and I are co-chairs of the event.

If you can help out this year please indicate day and times you are available and what you would like to demo or how you can help.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Scott, I will help in anyway you need - if you need a scroller I will be there - and right now all of this depends on if I get the job I interviewed for last week - It is a swing shift so just pencil me in for the 30th - If I make it I will be there all day

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Scott,

Pencil me in for at least one day (Friday or Sat) I will let you know in as much advanced notice regarding the possibility of both days.

I am qualified to sell Raffle tickets, as I am still working on attaining "Marketable WWing skills":gar-Bi.

Ill be in touch, before then Im sure!

Matt

M

McRabbet

I will be there both days and would be happy to do a Worksharp demonstration again and I believe that AlexL has already volunteered to do some pen turning demos again. One of the things that I believe we need is a portable PA System and lavalier microphone for our demonstrators -- last year, it was very difficult to follow individual speakers because of the size of the room and overpowering ambient sound levels. I will discuss renting or buying one with the BoD.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
My Dewalt scroll saw will be available both days again this year.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I have missed one of these, but I'm afraid I will this year. Have to be in Texas:swoon: My daughter and family have move there for work, and it has been made very clear :argue: that I am expected to be there. Since I have to go by train, I won't be back on time to also make it to Hickory.

Please, everyone who can go, please do:eusa_danc

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Sign me up for one day, your choice. If possible, I'd love to share a ride with someone coming from this way.

Better yet, a carpool :)

Jim

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Im in for the information desk and either ady is fine for me just let me know when and Ill be there.
Thanks MArk

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Friday - full day - would be a good day for me , Manning the booth, selling tickets, spending money.
Frog lips and anyone else in the Cary / Raleigh area want / need a ride send me a PM and lets work it out.

GeorgeL

New User
George
I will be there both days and would be happy to do a Worksharp demonstration again and I believe that AlexL has already volunteered to do some pen turning demos again. One of the things that I believe we need is a portable PA System and lavalier microphone for our demonstrators -- last year, it was very difficult to follow individual speakers because of the size of the room and overpowering ambient sound levels. I will discuss renting or buying one with the BoD.

I'm not sure Alex will be able to participate this year. I may have to go out of town for work, but I won't know until the last minute. I'll keep you updated, but if someone else can do a turning demo you may be better off with a sure thing.

George

M

McRabbet

John,

It is at the Hickory Convention Center on October 30-31, which is between Exits 125 and 126 off I-40. Click on the Klingspor ad at the right and click on their home page link to get the full details (or just click here!). We will have a large booth and it is a free show with good deals on woodworking stuff!

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Scott I noticed that I put the 30th on my previous post - I got my dates mixed up - put me down for the 31st:icon_thum

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Scott,
I am going to be there on Saturday but I have to be carefull,That weekend is also my 33rd anniversary.The official day is Friday but dinner,etc is on Saturday.How long I'm gonna stay is still up in the air.Let me know what is available on Sat morning.thanx,
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS