Shout out for Bloxygen

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
I was using a can of Bloxygen and it wasn't working. I had used it 29 times and was upset that I had a quart of Waterlox that needed something to keep it from setting up in the can. I e-mailed the company and received a response that day. They said the can probably had a faulty valve and they sent me a new can, which I received within 3 days. This is excellent customer service. I prefer Bloxygen over StopLoss bags because of the ease of use.

Roy G

JSJ

Jeff
Corporate Member
Never heard of that product, but based on your post, just ordered a can! Thanks

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
It is a really good product! I've used it for several years and it allows partially used finishes to stay fresh.

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
I've gone thru a couple cans, I don't think I've ever gotten any where near 29 times before it appeared empty. How can you tell as when new it feels empty! Works great when it works. Have gone to stop loss.

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
I always get the Waterlox in the rectangular cans. This has less surface area than the quarts in the paint cans. I spritz about 1 second, close it up and mark the label with a mark so I can keep count of the uses. The last can had over 80 spritzes. I think if you had finish in a paint type can you would need to spray longer.

Roy G

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Propane does the same thing at a lesser cost. I think Phil posted this tip a few years back. Take an UNLITE propane torch, stick it into can and open valve for about 30 seconds. Because propane is heavier than air, it will displace the air in the can.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS