Shop Fox / Grizzly bed extension

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
Model# W1752 10 inch lathe bed extension. Anyone have a used one for sale? Called Grizzly and no luck. Searched eBay as well.

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
Model number of lathe is 1752, don’t know model number of extension. Everything I found says it is discontinued, that’s the reason I am searching for a used one.

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
And my guess is the 1706 extension is probably the same as the 1752. Or at least close enough that it all will work. Give them a call and ask. Can't hurt.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Robert, the actual bed extension number is W1753 and I couldn't find any for sale with just a quick search. Woodstock International's website says item was discontinued.

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think this is what Robert is looking for. Hardly seems worth buying used when you can snag it under $100 new (but I don't know lathes too well).
That link is a riser block for a bandsaw, not an extension for a lathe bed. Did you copy the wrong link?

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
I searched NC Woodturners, cant even look at classified adds/for sale items on their website without joining. One of them had $50.00 fee to join. Lol
This forum here is really nice for the price!

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
Just a thought, if I could find the “bed way” for the lathe, maybe bolt the ends together? Wouldn’t that be the same?

riggsp

Phil
Corporate Member
I have a bed extension for a 10" jet lathe that you can compare to the Shop Fox and Grizzly...some machines are just copies of other brands

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS