Shop dogs w/ PICs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis

New User
Travis
Sometimes I wonder how the Golden Retreiver or I get any work done with the Border Colie throwing wood around and trying to catch it for hours on end. :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

DSC08804.JPG

Notice the Golden is giving the Collie a dirty look for interupting her work.

DSC08808.JPG

Sandy is hard at work.......

DSC08807.JPG

Tsali is a wood butcher.....

Anyone else have a shop mascot?

Sandy Rose

New User
Sandy
This is Ramsey - no pics of him in the shop....my shop is WAY too small to have him in it....he just waits by the door for shavings.

IMG_0701.JPG

IMG_04963.JPG

1_054.jpg

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Here's Duchess and Nubby. Nubby (the chihuahua) doesn't take any crap from Duch. It's a hilarious site to see a ticked off chihuahua defending her food bowl.

DSC03095.JPG

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Sometimes I wonder how the Golden Retreiver or I get any work done with the Border Colie throwing wood around and trying to catch it for hours on end. :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

DSC08804.JPG

Notice the Golden is giving the Collie a dirty look for interupting her work.

DSC08808.JPG

Sandy is hard at work.......

DSC08807.JPG

Tsali is a wood butcher.....

Anyone else have a shop mascot?

Better he/she chew on those scraps than the furniture, right Travis??

Sandy looks bored with the whole bloody affair!!!:gar-La;

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Mac_013.jpg

Mac may not meet everyone's criteria for a Shop Dog (or a real dog for that matter...even though he thinks he's a Jr. Rotty:rotflm:) but he's a great dust mop and my best bud! No cats, rabbits, squirrels, moles, lizards, mail carriers and especially UPS trucks will ever come within 100yds of our shop.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Mac may not meet everyone's criteria for a Shop Dog (or a real dog for that matter...even though he thinks he's a Jr. Rotty:rotflm:) but he's a great dust mop and my best bud! No cats, rabbits, squirrels, moles, lizards, mail carriers and especially UPS trucks will ever come within 100yds of our shop.

Mark
My Yorkie will eat every bug in sight, last night I had to protect a large frog from her :eek: she does not like to shop to much

DSC01124.JPG

Now this one can not get enough of it

DSC01128.JPG

Last edited:
J

jeff...

Here's mine / Shop Dawg - he had an episode yesterday morning - I thought he had a stroke but after a trip to the vet he's darn near 100% today. Although the vet could not figure out what happened to him. He's 14 years old (human years) that's pretty old for a dog.

Sep13_03.JPG

Thanks

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Jeff - Hope that pup is doing okay!
(Pup is like kids, my kids are grown but they're still my kids. It's who they are not a age indicator.)
After 14 years he's due an off day now and them!

M

McRabbet

Here's Badger with my friend Jim Straus when we were building some country benches out of White Oak (Jim's sitting on one).
BadgerJim.jpg
But truthfully Badger doesn't like all the noises I generate, so he takes up guard duty just outside the door when I'm in the shop...

J

jeff...

Jeff - Hope that pup is doing okay!
(Pup is like kids, my kids are grown but they're still my kids. It's who they are not a age indicator.)
After 14 years he's due an off day now and them!

Yeah, at times I need to be reminded to keep things in perspective - thanks a lot for reminding me of my priorities in life. Despite the fact my pup is kind of like kid and thinks he my best friend, he's not human, he's a dog and no way would he ever substitute for human. Family is the most important Family comes before anything else. Being a husband, father and paw paw is the greatest privilege a man could ever have. No doubt pets are a real pleasure to have around but the fact is he's a dog and at 14 years old our family pet just simply won't be around too much longer. It's just the way life works, the way God made it.

Thanks again for sparking thought and putting priorities into prospective - I really appreciate it :thumbs_up.

I may be a nut but I believe I'm screwed on to the right bolt.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
These are my pals. There are no varmints in our yard but the boys won't come in the shop. Can't stand the noise!

This is Zack
Zack2.jpg

This is Buddy!!!
CLUBHOUSEJAN20040172.jpg

And this is Pepper

Pepper.jpg

cskipper

Cathy
We haven't worked in the shop since we adopted the boxer from the pound. He'd probably find a way to carry everything to the yard! The male we had to put to sleep (boy was that difficult) and our female want to be where ever we are (unless I am watching football - I shout to much and too suddenly which startles them too much). I'll get new pictures of the pup and post later (yes, he's still alive and living here though I have about given up on him a couple of times - :BangHead:)

TBone

Tommy
Senior User
This is a great thread, I love looking at pics of the animals. But it makes me miss Buck. We had to put him down a year ago this week. My buddy for 17 years.

Buck_Small.jpg

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Although a really great dog, Scout really never has been too sure what goes on in the thing called 'a shop'!

Heck, all he hears is a lot of noise and heads the other other direction (including the LOML's vacuum cleaner!):rotflm:

IMG_0223.jpg

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well I'll have to throw my dawg in to the fray. He's new to the family, but a pretty old dawg at 8 years. He acts like he's been hanging out in the wood-shop all his life.

Malibu_and_Ava_008.jpg

He either likes to look out the screen door, or snooze on one of my anti-fatigue mats. The only tool that has given him any sort of a start is the CMS, and it's pretty abrupt sounding on start up.
Dave:)

davejones

New User
Dave
Finally, here's a thread that I can actually contribute to! :gar-La;

My two shop dogs (and of course best friends): Cody (Lab) and Riley (Golden).

Watching a squirrel in their yard....
CSC_0055.JPG

and some portrait work for one of my other hobbies (photography)
Cody_Portrait.JPG

Riley_Posing2.JPG

Riley_posing1.JPG

sawduster

New User
Robert
What an awesome thread and killer pics :icon_thum

Here's my boy Merlyn in his favorite place :mrgreen:

DSC06056.jpg

Thanx Travis for starting this up :icon_thum

Glennbear

Glenn
What an awesome thread and killer pics :icon_thum

Here's my boy Merlyn in his favorite place :mrgreen:

DSC06056.jpg

Thanx Travis for starting this up :icon_thum

That black coat looks like a shavings magnet :gar-La; Judging from the visible grass, this picture was taken outside, are you some kind of radical ? The very idea of producing wood debris outside where it does not have to be swept/sucked up is such a revolutionary concept :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS