She's Home (Updated with Additional Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Kristen came home yesterday afternoon. Four weeks after going in for tests, three weeks after going on the Heart transplant list, and two weeks after the transplant. She is doing awesomely (new word?) well. She is truly our largest Christmas present ever. She is cheery, bright, chipper and all of the other adjectives that fit. She goes back tomorrow for her first checkup and each week for a while for checkups. What a ton of pills each day but it is all worth it to keep up with which ones when.

Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts. We will still need the prayers as she will never be completely 'cured'. There will forever be a chance of rejection or of other diseases due to lack of immunity from taking all of the anti-rejection meds.

Thanks again

George

Nelson

New User
Nelson
Re: She's Home

That's awesome George & thanks for the update. Glad Kristen is home for Christmas. What a great Christmas present! Our prayers continue for complete recovery and total acceptance of her new heart.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

That is great George, my oldest daughter is named Kristen also. I don't know what I'd do if anything like that happen to her.

M

McRabbet

That is the best news you could receive for Christmas! Glad to hear that she is doing so well.

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member

Glad to hear that she is doing so good. She and all of you will still be in our prayers.

Danny

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member

Continued prayers for Kristen and her family.
No finer present than having a loved one home for Christmas.:eusa_danc

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member

What a wonderful Christmas gift George! I'll keep the prayers coming your way. Jim

MikeH

New User
Mike

That's awesome to hear!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family and especially Kristen.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

GREAT NEWS!!!!!! I can't think of a better Christmas gift for your family. Give her a NCWW hug from all of us here.

gator

George
Corporate Member

Mods: If this is inappropriate please feel free to remove this post.
George

Just for information, Kristen is registered with COTA (Children's Organ Transplant Association). This is an organization that assists families in fund-raising, handling the monies raised, taking direct donations and paying bills directly to the providers so that none of the monies are given directly to the families or are mis-used.

You can go to http://www.cota.org/ and click on the box "Find A COTA Family", enter Kristen Hicks in NC.

Thanks
George

RickC

New User
Rick
Haven't been on in a while but glad the first post I read is one of such great news!! Glad for you BOTH!

Rick

Jim Kunzweiler

New User
Jim
George that is truly awesome news. Like the man said FANTASTIC.
Hope you all have the best Christmas ever .... and many more to come.
More prayers to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS