shelves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay

New User
Jay
My wife wants me to put up some shelves in my sons room and I would like some ideas on design. I have not looked extensively but have not found anything that I really like yet. By the way he is nine so it is for toys now and books later (that type of thing) I appreciate any creative ideas you guys might have for me.

Jay

New User
Jay
I have no firm feelings there I am open to any ideas. I had been leaning toward the bookcase style but was a little concerned about sinking that kind of money in it for a nine year old kid to use.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Why don't you take a look at this site

This should give youu some ideas and then you could ask more specific questions.

BTW, we have no idea what your woodworking experience is, or what tools you have access to. Giving us that kind of info will allow people to be more exact in the type of advice they provide. You might want to post in the "Who we are" forum or least put more info in your profile.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I would agree with Steve on giving some more info. But in my opinion, for a child who will probably be changing the room around as they get older, some free standing bookshelves, with adjustable shelves would be most appropriate. The only thing to keep in mind with children and free standing furniture is the tip-over factor. If you have a "climber" then maybe built-ins would be your best choice. My .02 Dave :)

Jay

New User
Jay
Thanks guys I am going to look at the site and will try to get something into the profile soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS