Shave Horse is done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmy

New User
Tim
Made a shave horse today. I bought a draw knife, so I figured I had to have it. Can't wait to put it to work. [video=youtube;Uh_h_G2tQjk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh_h_G2tQjk&feature=g-all-c[/video]

CatButler

New User
Bryan
Good job, very resourceful. It should go over well if you do demos. You didn't but much $ into it and the next one will be better. And you can probably reuse a bunch of stuff off the first. I need to make one, but I'm stuck in paralysis by analysis. Much better just to get something then you can get to work on other stuff.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Functional, built from the materials at hand, and you gained more knowledge in the construction.. Doesn't get much better than that!:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Go

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Nice work.

That draw knife will cut a lot easier if you get it sharp. Let me know if you'd like some help with that.

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Tim-
nice work-and I'd take Mike up on that offer!
he'll get it sharp, and you'll know how to keep it that way.
now that I have sharp hand tools, I'm wondering why I need power.

Steve Martin

New User
Steve Martin
Awesome job! It's great that you can see how to improve it even as start to use it. You can move the front leg out at an angle which will give you more room for the arm to swing, now that you have a horse to shape your new leg at an angle. I believe that you can also take some of the twist out of the two arms by drilling the whole all the way through the body of the bench, then you'll be able to put a new foot piece on the bottom of the arms that goes all the way through and beyond each arm. What kind of sharpening tools do you have? Even when using green wood, sharp tools make your life so much easier. My phone number and email address are in my reply to your pole lathe message. Steve Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors