Semi-Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

gator

George
Corporate Member
My dentist told me recently that he had an old Craftsman wood shaper if I was interested. When I asked what he was looking to get for it, the reply was, I'll give it to you. Well, I was expecting a little benchtop light weight shaper (almost a big router). I went over last night and it is a ½HP ½" shaper, cast iron table and on a stand. Made by Emerson and the owners manual says 'Copyright 1976' so I assume that it is about mid-'70s. While I was there he also said, "take this sander too". A 6" x 48" belt/9" disc sander on a stand, about the same vintage. He quit woodworking several years ago and so there is a little surface rust but nothing major that cleaning won't solve. Craftsman, yes, but I think from the era that Craftsman meant something.

Also, cross reference to "Power Tools For Sale", He wanted to give me a Craftsman jointer about the same vintage, but I have a good Grizz Jointer so I declined, but told him I would post it for sale here (he is my dentist, not yours so you don't get it for free:lol: ). Made by Emerson, a little surface rust. Model #113.206931, S/N 1281.P0161, 6" jointer with a 36" bed length. I told him that I would screen requests for info or expressions of interest.

George

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very nice, Craftsman stuff from back them was well made and worth having. I'd say you've got a full blown gloat here, free is the best price around. You couldn't have done any better. Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS