Segmented Turning Workshops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
This is a follow up to a post I made back in December.

Several people (22 so far) expressed that they would like to attend a workshop. Some noted that they may have a conflict because of work schedule/timing/advanced notice, etc. No problem. I will hold as many workshops as necessary to accommodate everyone. Even if you are not on a schedule for a workshop and you find on short notice that you have time to attend one, please, feel free to PM me the night before and let me know. I will send you directions to my shop, etc. There is always room for one more.

Last year I held 5 workshops with 5-6 attendees per workshop.

These workshops consist of the basic steps from start to finish, but does not include hands on work. The process is too time consuming for that. (A simple bowl can take about 10-12 hours to complete).

The workshop starts at 10:00 AM, lunch break (drinks, sandwiches, cookies, etc.) and usually ends about 2 or 3 PM.

I have plenty of seating, so no need to bring anything.

Best of all, there is no charge.

As with anything we do, our process can sometimes change. I have made some changes in my process since holding the last workshops, therefore, some of last years attendees may find it worthwhile to attend another workshop.

If interested, please reply to this post and specify if you prefer to attend a workshop on March 7[SUP]th[/SUP], 14[SUP]th[/SUP], 21[SUP]st [/SUP] or 28[SUP]th[/SUP].

If all, or 1, 2, 3, or 4 of these dates will work for you, please let me know.
It will make for easier planning to accommodate everyone.

If none of these dates work, let me know. Again, I will hold as many workshops as necessary. I also will push a workshop to a later date in April if required.

Thank you,
Charlie

quid_non

Wayne
Senior User
Hi Charlie!
Please count me in on March 14th if space allows. Please let me know if I can contribute to the refreshment/food table.
Thanks'
Wayne

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Charlie,
I can attend any of the 4 weekends with a little advance warning. Look forward to looking in on a class.
Greg

dpizi

New User
Dave
I am new to the forum, but am definitely interested in attending. Any date will work for me. I am in Charlotte but it would not be a problem to run up. Thanks, Dave

Rick M

New User
Rick
Prefer Mar 28th if possible. This would be my 2nd time so give a new person preference over me.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I don't own a lathe and I have only turned a few times in my life, but I would love to attend one of these workshops. I would definitely give up my slot to someone else (who actually has the ability to take what they learned and put it to good use in their shop) if there are more people than slots. If there is room, count me in. Any of the dates work for me.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have taken one of Charlie's workshops. Even if you never turn it is amazing to watch and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS