Segmented Turning Workshops - "UPDATE"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
FYI:
The workshops scheduled for March 7th & 14th are full.
There are three openings available for March 21st and three openings available for March 28th.
If you are interested in a workshop, don't let a full schedule make you feel that there is no room left for you.
As I stated in my original post, I will host as many workshops as necessary to accommodate everyone. I will hold some in April if needed.
I will be sending a PM to all workshop attendees with the schedule of the workshop that they are in, along with my address, phone #, etc.

As a side note: If you have any desire to attend a segmented turning workshop please do it now. There may not be anymore after these.

Thank you,
Charlie

Last edited:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
FYI:
The workshops scheduled for March 7th & 14th are full.
There are three openings available for March 21st and three openings available for March 28th.
If you are interested in a workshop, don't let a full schedule make you feel that there is no room left for you.
As I stated in my original post, I will host as many workshops as necessary to accommodate everyone. I will hold some in April
in needed.
I will be sending a PM to all workshop attendees with the schedule of the workshop that they are in, along with my address, phone #, etc.

As a side note: If you have any desire to attend a segmented turning workshop please do it now. There may not be anymore after these.

Thank you,
Charlie

Pm send for a 3/28 slot.

Thanks once more for doing this, Charlie.

Wayne

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Charlie,

Sorry, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to make any of the classes. Hopefully, you will do it again sometime and I'll get the chance again. Thanks for the offer.

Charley

Rick M

New User
Rick
You turners really want to attend one of Charlie's classes. You will never get a better one on segmented turning.

Jim Hancock

Jim
Corporate Member
Charlies workshops are amazing and well worth the time spent. I think all of us came away with may tips and ideas for jigs and fixtures that make the process easier/better/faster. Thanks again Charlie!

toolman

Administrator
Chad
May 7th workshop was great!! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Thank for all the info!!

dabeast350

New User
Matt
Totally agree with the above! My father and I found the workshop to be fantastic and we're complete beginners. We both have a ton of ideas we can't wait to try out and even made a trip to get some different kinds of stock already. Thanks, Charlie!

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Charlie,
I really enjoyed the workshop and your workshop. Dave said to pass on his Thanx as he really enjoyed the class also. Always great to meet fellow turners from the other side of NC too.
Look forward to getting together again in the near future.
Greg

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Charlie and attendees - I am pretty sure this never happened -

There are no pictures of Charlie pointing and smiling (typical):)
No pictures of attendees gaping mouths as they gaze at the finished turnings and then the eye bulges when they see the "insane" jigs and fixtures created prior to the "Final artwork!"

fulldec

Don
Corporate Member
Like all the others, I'd like to express my thanks to Charlie. The segmented turning workshop was fabulous. It was informative and entertaining. Charlie is an artist, as well as a gracious and generous host. Thank you very much. I can't wait to get my shop finished.

Don

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
I was thoroughly impressed and inspired by the breadth and depth of knowledge Charlie shared with us this past Saturday. Thank you, Charlie, for the opportunity to see and hear what it takes to make such visually moving pieces of art constructed out of wood and adhesive! The process sounds easy but, for those of us who don't have that creative streak it was and is a sneak peak into just one vertical aspect of the world of woodworking.

lonehunter

New User
Jeff
I also would like to Thank Charlie for having the class yesterday. It was a very informative class and he was a Great host! He made everyone feel more than welcome!

If anyone ever gets the chance to visit Charlies shop, jump on it! it is a real treat. Showroom Quality! A place for everything and everything in it's place! Not a speck of saw dust to be found.

Jeff

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I enjoy the workshops probably more than anyone. Whether any of the attendees decide to try segmenting turning or not, at least they have an understanding of the process.
As I have said, if anyone ever has any questions or would like to come back to the shop, please let me know. My shop is always open.
Thanks again.

dpizi

New User
Dave
I want to thank Charlie for hosting a great workshop this past Saturday. I have done some segmented turnings in the past and had pretty much reached the limits of my skills and abilities. With what I learned from him I am anxious to get back out in the shop and see what I can accomplish.

Thanks again
Dave

W Burton

New User
Bill
Had a fun and informative day yesterday at Charlie's workshop, learning about segmented turning from one who obviously knows his stuff. Perhaps the one thing that may be more impressive than the actual pieces is the amount of thought, time and creativity that Charlie has put in to the process of making them. That, and I am always impressed with how clean his workshop is. Thanks, Charlie, for taking the time to show us a behind the scenes look at your work.

Since Charlie wouldn't take anything for all the food and drink he furnished, I am going to make a small donation here. Hope others will also give today so the goal is reached!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS