Segmented Turning Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Earlier this year I held 5 workshops with 5-6 attendees per workshop.

These workshops consist of the basic steps from start to finish, but does not include hands on work.
The process is too time consuming for that. A simple bowl will take about 10-12 hours to complete.

The workshop starts at 10:00 AM, 30 minute lunch break (drinks, sandwiches, cookies, etc.) and usually ends about 2 or 3 PM.

Best of all, there is no charge.

If there is anyone interested in attending a workshop, I am willing to host as many as necessary. Again, it worked out well at 5-6 attendees per workshop.

As with anything we do, our process can sometimes change. I have made some changes in my process since holding the last workshops. Some of the original attendees may find it worth while to attend another workshop.

If interested, please reply to this post and I will put together a schedule for after the first of the year.

quid_non

Wayne
Senior User
Hi Charlie!
Missed the last ones - but am really interested in learning from you - please count me in

W Burton

New User
Bill
I am interested, Charlie. I never know my work schedule until about 2 weeks out, though. I would really enjoy getting to attend.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Please count me in Charlie!

So generous of you and thanks for doing this.

Wayne

Rick M

New User
Rick
I would like to attend again. When I went last my priorities at the time were remodeling and making improvements to my shop, most of that is done. That said I would prefer a later class if you have more than one because I don't spend much time in the shop during cold weather.
- sent via Tapatalk

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would like to attend this time, but I am a REAL "maybe" since my schedule has to "colloide" correctly

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Thanks for all of the responses. I'm sure we can work out schedules for everyone.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Me, me, me, please, please.:banana::banana::banana:pick me.:eusa_danc
i have no life, so I can be there anytime. My wife will pay to get me out of the house.:rolf::rotflm:

Steve

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
Charlie,
I'd show up again for sure, schedule permitting. I'm still assembling a few of the required jigs and knowledge that you shared. The book you recommended came and I've been checking it out.

Kevin

Jim Wallace

jimwallacewoodturning.com
Jim
Corporate Member
Ed Mastin and I visited Charlie last year and both learned a lot while having a good time. Charlie puts a lot of thought into these presentations. Even if you're not interested in segmented turning it's worth a trim just to see how he has organized his shop and built his jigs.

gfernandez

Gonzalo
Corporate Member
I attended one of Charlie's earlier workshops. It was a great experience! It you haven't been, you need to!

eyekode

New User
Salem
Sounds awesome! I am interested but your list looks pretty full. Let us know on the exact dates!

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
I would very much like to attend, but please consider me for a session after March. I have done very little turning, but know the basics and have the tools. Maybe this more complex version will spark my interest in lathe woodworking.

Charley

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Salem, The list won't get full. I will keep each workshop at 5-6 attendees, therefore I will have as many workshops as necessary to accommodate everyone.

Charley, I have added you and Salem to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS