Segmented Turning Workshop - March 15th, 22nd, 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
There were three workshops held at my shop this month. I believe they were all well received and everyone had a great time. There are several people that expressed interest in attending a workshop but couldn’t work any of the previous workshops into their schedule. I would like to hold workshops on March 15th & 22nd (and 29[SUP]th[/SUP] if required), if there are enough people interested.

This will not be a hands on workshop, because that would be too time consuming. I have done several one on one sessions with several members, but a basic/small turning can take 10-12 hours. That makes for a loooong day or 2 days.

I will show the basic steps from start to finish. From cutting segments, to gluing up rings, to stacking rings, to turning as you go, etc., etc.

If anyone is interested please respond to this thread.

The workshop will last 4-5 hours. We will start about 10:00 and go from there. Lunch will be served.

Please reply to this thread if you prefer March 15[SUP]th[/SUP], 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] (or 29th).

If all, or 1, 2, or 3 of dates are good for you, please say so.
It will make for easier planning.

If none of these dates work, please let me know.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Fred, Mike and Wally,

I have put March 22nd on my calendar.
I will send out directions, etc., a few days before.
See you all then. If your plans happen to change, please let me know.

Thanks,
Charlie

kclark

New User
Kevin
Charlie,
Again I would love to come to one of your workshops, but my Saturdays in March are pretty full with either work or family commitments. I do have a small window on the 22nd, but the 2 1/2 hour drive negates that window.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Kevin, Workshops are usually scheduled on Saturdays because that fits most work schedules, but as you are aware, it doesn't work for everyone. I am retired so most any day works for me (Except Tuesdays). You tell me when you would like to come over. I makes no difference to me if there are 1 or 6 attendees, but maybe you can find someone in your area to tag along with you.

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
I'm checking my calendar, but definitely want to attend. I got side tracked getting to the last one. :mad:

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Kevin,
I have added you to the list of attendees.
Hope you can make it this time.

woodlaker2

Ray
Corporate Member
Hello Charlie. I had expressed an interest in one of your March sessions. Is it still possible to make the March 22 date?

Ray

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Ray,

I have added you to the list for the 22nd.
I will be sending, by PM, directions, phone #, etc. a few days before the workshop.

Gary_C

New User
Gary
I'd like to attend one but Saturdays are tough for me. Just set a date and if I can arrange a day off from work I'll come...

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Gary,
There are some other people that are interested in a weekday workshop.
I have you on my list and will let you know a few days in advance.

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
Charlie,
I could come to either the 15th or the 22nd workshop, or if they are filled up, I can come to your weekday workshop. Thanks.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Bob,
I will be sending, by PM, directions, phone #, etc. a few days before the workshop.

JEHenslee

New User
Janice
I would like to attend. Where is it. What dates have worked out? I can attend any of those weekends.

Thanks,

Jay

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Jay,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS