Scrollsaw project - pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Haven't been messing around with the scrollsaw much lately because the one I've got isn't working right and not enjoyable to use. Well, thanks to Woodguy, I have a new saw to play around with. Thanks, WG, that was really nice of you to give me your old saw, and it work so much better than the POS I have. So with all new tools, one has to try them out as soon as they are set up. Here is a little thing I did this afternoon. I plan on sending it out with the stool I made for my niece, so she'll get it for her birthday. It's some curly maple scrap and some of the cherry I got from member D.Joyce. I threw a little Danish oil on it (still weeping out some) and will finish it off with Deft spray lacquer. Thanks for looking, Dave:)

Ameliasign004.jpg

Monty

New User
Monty
Wow- that's cool! How did you pattern the letters - using the carbon paper technique you described for the stool?

This makes me want to open up my scrollsaw! ;-) One thing at a time, though...

DaveO

New User
DaveO
This time I saved a step, I spray adhesived the computer print-out to the wood. Just make sure you let the spray dry, or you will be sanding paper off ,BTDT. Thanks for the compliments. Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Hey... Amelia is a lucky person.. That's 2 projects in a row. I like this. What was the level of effort for sawing these out? I may have just found Christmas presents for the little ones in my family... And finally a perfect excuse for me getting a scroll saw!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well, both her (Amelia) and my daughter(Ava) were born within a month of X-mas so they get many presents all at once. Ava already has one that I made her last year. Cutting out the lettering wasn't too hard, remove the inside cuts first. I had a break while cutting out the inside cuts afterwards, got to love CA glue. Very easy project, the sanding took the longest time, second was cleaning up the cherry board. Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS