Scrollsaw Club in Raleigh ?? NOTE NEW DATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ednl

ed
Senior User
[FONT=&amp]Update: New information
The next meeting of the Scroll Sawers in the Triangle (the Sunny Scrollers) will be held at Klingspor in Cary on the first Sunday in November, Nov. 4th from 2-4 PM. Please note I edited the date on my last post about this past Sunday’s meeting of the Sunny Scrollers. Please read #6 to get all the information about our first meeting. I’d love to see more of you join us so please think about it.
Lee

Reminder - first meeting of scrollsaw enthusiasts in Raleigh area is STILL on for Sunday, October 7, 2 pm at Klingspor's. Hope to see ya'll there.
Lee

Hello Everyone![/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I am Ed’s wife and after about 6 years of owning a scrollsaw, which he presented to me one Christmas, I feel I really could use more assistance than all the books I’ve read and things I’ve made on my own. However, there is not a scrollsaw group in the Triangle like the one in Winston Salem (too far to drive). So, I’d like to start one here at the Klingspor in Cary. We wouldn’t be making things but instead could show one another what we’re working on, ask questions of the group, get suggestions or just share helpful tidbits. I’ve reserved a large room at Klingspor for the first meeting to be held on Sunday, September 16th at 2PM. Meetings will be monthly on the third Sunday of every month, if there is continuing interest. Please let me know if any of you are interested or just show up on the 16th. I’ll be there and hope to see some of you. Thanks, Lee.
Due to Hurricane Florence the first meeting will be moved to Sunday October 7.[/FONT]

Last edited:

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Re: Scrollsaw Club in Raleigh ??

[h=1]KLINGSPOR’S[/h][h=1]Cary, NC[/h]
[h=1]107 Edinburgh S Dr. Suite 151, Cary, NC 27511Cary, NC[/h]107 Edinburgh S Dr. Suite 151, Cary, NC 27511

I will be there!

Last edited:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Dang I once lived 5 miles from there. Now I live 80 miles away. I will pencil it in. Thanks for starting this.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

TWA used to have a number of people who did some scrolling. I would make sure you advertise this at their next meeting.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member

TWA used to have a number of people who did some scrolling. I would make sure you advertise this at their next meeting.
I will try to make the meeting. I don’t know who to talk to about it here.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member

I'd love to start a scroll saw club in the Hickory area, if only I had the energy. Already over committed and find it hard to get time in the shop. The hot weather is another deterrent, as it is so much harder to work. I have been told that when the weather is hot, there are less oxygen molecules per volume of air we inhale. Had to reattach the deck to my zero turn mower again yesterday as it can come detached on one side when I inadvertently run over a tree root. That was an ordeal! So much for rambling and excuses!
If anyone would be interested in starting a scroll saw focused club in the Hickory area please give a shout out. I have friends who are not members of the forum that I will make the pitch to, and we'll see what we can come up with. I'll even start a new thread to get an idea.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott

Since there is a section on the site called GROUPS we should add these different woodworkgin groups there so everyone can learn about what they are about, and then on EVENTS we can post when their next meeting is.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member

That sounds like a good idea. Now someone needs to gather all that information.

ednl

ed
Senior User

Bump... looking forward to a BIG turnout... there may come a time when a special commemorative patch is awarded to the original founding members of this newest woodworking club... but your name won't be on the cornerstone if you don't attend on Sept. 16 !!!! regards - Lee

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Bump... looking forward to a BIG turnout... there may come a time when a special commemorative patch is awarded to the original founding members of this newest woodworking club... but your name won't be on the cornerstone if you don't attend on Sept. 16 !!!! regards - Lee

BUMP..... Anyone know if this is still on?

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member

No, I think Flo will still be visiting. I think we will need to postpone this. I will update when I know more. SOON

ednl

ed
Senior User

Tomorrow's scrollsaw meeting is cancelled. As soon as I can talk to Klingspore I'll schedule another meeting and send out the date and time. Lee

ednl

ed
Senior User

The next (first) scrollsaw meeting will be on Sunday, October 7th from 2-4PM at Klingspore in Cary. Hope to see someone there. Lee

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Suggest you edit your first post with this new date info

The next (first) scrollsaw meeting will be on Sunday, October 7th from 2-4PM at Klingspore in Cary. Hope to see someone there. Lee

Lee: I am not a scrollsawyer (sp?) but I would suggest you edit your first in this thread with your new date information. Mark it as an edit - that way people don't have to scroll through 16 posts to find this new date info.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Re: Suggest you edit your first post with this new date info

Lee: I am not a scrollsawyer (sp?) but I would suggest you edit your first in this thread with your new date information. Mark it as an edit - that way people don't have to scroll through 16 posts to find this new date info.

Good catch. The post has been updated.

ednl

ed
Senior User

Reminder - meeting Sunday, October 7, 2 pm is still ON.
Lee

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member

I am planning on it

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member

I put in on my phone for tomorrow morning. If I'm free, I may just take a ride over!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Sorry!!!! Today is not going to work for me BUT I WANT TO BE A PART OF IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS