Scroll saw recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
looking to get a scroll saw, I don't plan on doing a look of detail type cut outs.
Need a variable speed and uses I think they are called pinless blades.
Need to be able to but blade thru a 1/16th hole.
Could some recommended a scroll saw.
John

manfre

New User
Manfre
What's your budget?

The dw788 is nice and can be found on CL for about 50% retail (or $75 if you're really, really lucky).

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
$75 would be nice.
I would like to keep it at $200 new or good and cheap on a use one.

wooduser

New User
Lecil
Lowes sells a Porter-Cable or maybe Delta for about $200.00. I'm told its as good as an inexpensive saw can get. Keeping try for the CL, maybe that will pan out.

AmishWarlord

New User
Mitch
Be sure to get a 3-legged stand also. The 4-legs (like mine) tend to vibrate more.

(Man, how did I even breath in the old shop! LOL)

scrollsaw008.jpg

sawduster

New User
Robert
I am extremely happy with my Dewalt DW788 and would definately recommend it.:icon_thum If your experience is like mine you will quickly find yourself hooked and wanting to do more detailed and varied work. Best to buy a saw that will not limit you in case it does take off for you. A 788 is a lot of saw for the money IMHO. Keep your eyes on CL and you can score the saw, stand and light for around $300. Even new at $500 it is a good saw. i've put a lot of hours on my " ol' yeller " and it still hums right along :icon_cheers hope this helps

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
You can spend a lot more and buy some super tools but DW788 is the way to go IMHO. BTW I own two of them and NO neither will leave my shop while I am still above ground.

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
DW788 ALERT!!!

I JUST CHECKED ANOTHER WW WEBSITE...AND FOUND A 3 YR OLD - ONCE USED - DW788 FOR SALE IN GEORGIA FOR $260 CASH. IT WAS POSTED AT 10:30a.m. TODAY (it's 1p.m. now).

I HOPE I'M NOT VIOLATING ANY POSTING RULES:dontknow:, BUT HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?174329-Dewalt-788-scroll-saw...

IF SO, PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGY AND DELETE THE LINK; IN WHICH CASE YOU CAN PM ME AND I'LL GIVE IT TO YOU. I HAVE NO CONNECTION TO THIS AT ALL; IT JUST SEEMS LIKE A GREAT DEAL, AND NOT THAT FAR AWAY. GOOD LUCK

RUSS

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
There is one listed on Craigslist in [SIZE=-1]Charlotte but it will be 2 weeks before i could get there.
hopefully it will still be listed.
[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS