Scroll Saw Portraits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Delcogliano

New User
Ed
This is my first Post on Scroll Saw. I am new to scroll sawing being a wood carver for over 25 years. My doctors told me to stop carving because I'm on blood thinners. So here are some of my portraits I've done in the last few months.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 194
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    916.8 KB · Views: 170
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 167
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    460.7 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    663 KB · Views: 151
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    681.6 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    468.4 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    521.5 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 144

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
That is some pretty fantastic work!
Maybe there is a reason that you were supposed to stop carving???

Just thought of a question - how long does it take to scroll the pictures?

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Very nice, curious as to what software you use to make the pattern from the photo.

Also curious why carving is now a no-no on blood thinners as I also take them and haven't felt any need to limit any shop activities.

Edward Delcogliano

New User
Ed
Ken of Cary - I use GIMP software to do all my patterns. I guess the doctors felt that if I cut myself while carving it could be serious, I'm on a blood thinner that can't be reversed by any other drug. I go off them in Jan of 16, so I will get back to some carving then.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ken of Cary - I use GIMP software to do all my patterns. I guess the doctors felt that if I cut myself while carving it could be serious, I'm on a blood thinner that can't be reversed by any other drug. I go off them in Jan of 16, so I will get back to some carving then.
Alright,
so the scrolling is so good - let's see some pictures of your carving work! (other than your avatar!)

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Edward,
Can you talk a little more about the process?
I am guessing you take the picture, scan it into the computer than import it into GIMP (for those of you who don't know GIMP is free software)

Here is where I wonder what your next steps are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS