scroll bandsaw

TBoomz

New User
Ron
does anyone manufacture a bandsaw blade that can give the tight curves that a scrollsaw can? I am wanting to get back into making jigsaw puzzles [for xmas gifts] and i find using a scrollsaw to be tedious. Plus, I've never had much luck cutting several layers at a time.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
I have a Timber Wolf scroll saw blade for my bandsaw for a couple of years now. My second one works fine, first one went down in flames when I pushed too hard on one of my decoy blanks, hadn't paid much attention to setting up my guides properly. You could go slow however I put a Carter Stabilizer system when I decided I liked the blade enough to keep using it.

Last edited:

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
I got a carter stabilizer with my bandsaw when I bought it used... had never seen one and didn't know what to make of it, but I can vouch that it is GREAT for detailed cuts. I use it with a 3/16" blade and I can turn very tight radii, probably a minimum of 1/2" if I really push it. It's not truly scrollsaw tightness, but it's good.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
The Pegas will do what you want, but I can't justify the cost. I am using the Carter "Stabilizer" with a 1/8 in. blade. It's the world's fastest scroll saw.

Pop

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
That Pegas scroll bandsaw was impressive. I will have to save for a very, very long time...

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
It’s not just about the width of the blade. The thickness makes it easy to turn. Just as their scrollsaw blades are very thin so are the bandsaw blades

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Pegas does make scroll saw sized blades, I believe they are as small as a #5 scroll blade, and that's mighty small! I covet both the Pegas Scroll Band Saw and the Pegas Scroll Saw. Only problem is by the time I save up the money for both, I'll be too decrepit to use them.o_O There may be a Pegas scroll saw in my future though, as long as the future isn't too far in the future.:oops:

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
My scrollsaw/ bandsaw is a 11 in. Shopsmith on a custom made stand. My #1 supplier does not make a 1/8 in. blade which is the recommended size for the Carter Stabilizer. I go to Woodcraft for that blade. I just took a break from this post to search Goggle for 1/16 in. bandsaw blades. Nothing! It seems that we're gonna have to be happy with a 1/8 in. I also round the backs of my blades. This seems to allow sharper turns.

Pop

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
noticed his mailing address,..is he only mail order?

am wondering how well a very thin blade will hold up [heatwise] to multiple layers - especially running on a bandsaw.
Give John a phone call, just not on Fridays. He isn't open on Fridays

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS