Screw Hole Repair Suggestions

cobraguy

Clay
Corporate Member
Jeff, In this case, past experience has shown that using these crayons or burn sticks is extremely effective at masking the damage.

There’s really very little risk and probably no reason to not attempt it. I think even an imperfect attempt with these products will camouflage the holes.

Some of the outcome from any repair comes down to whether or not you have serious OCD or you are able to accept that under some circumstances, good really is good enough. That’s why I suggested to use the products and then leave it alone for a long time. Let the camouflage do it’s job.
No OCD here. A good camouflage job will do the trick for me. Either the burn-in or crayons would be a new thing for me to try, so both are attractive if for nothing else a chance to try something new.

cobraguy

Clay
Corporate Member
Thanks to all for your suggestions and comments. I really got a kick out of the brass plate idea, and yes, it is an option I am adding to my list. Given what's in the offing for the next few weeks, it will be a month or so before I can get to this. I have some research to do and decisions to make. I'll be sure to post some before and after pics.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
There are definitely people who are good at furniture repair. I moved 5 times paid for by my employer. We had furniture damaged several times. It was only when we moved to SC that the moving company sent somebody that I would let work on my furniture. On the others, we let them try on a piece we didn't care a lot about and if they were hacks, we sent them home. This guy was good. He had both burn in sticks and crayons. It really fits a job like that were you need to produce near instant results.

woodworkingryan

New User
woodworkingryan
I would check out this company called touch up solutions. They have fill sticks or burn in sticks you can use to help you repair those holes! Heres a link to their catalog and hopefully it helps! Catalogs

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS