School Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
OK, two questions:

- Are there more videos like this (The Homework Identity, The Homework Supremacy?)
- Does he teach classes?

I don't know which is more impressive, the woodworking or the video work. Outstanding work. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
George and Alex,

That is truly impressive. :notworthy: I haven't done a lot of video editing, but I've done my share of editing writing. It is VERY hard and time consuming to condense something in its entirety down to something so minimal in length and still get the result that you initially hoped for. Without having seen the full footage, I'd say that you nailed it with this cut. Couldn't be any better. Absolutely beautiful craftsmanship on both ends of the lense and that is difficult, if not impossible to find, at any age. Alex, forget pens for college. Just keep doing your thing and colleges and eventually companies will be lining up for your services. :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

PS: It was great meeting you all on the shop crawl. I'm glad you finally made some more dust in your shop, it REALLY needed some. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:rolf:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
George (and Alex),

OUTSTANDING! Both the Doc and I thoroughly enjoyed the video (as well as the end product!).

Best of success to you in the national competition!

Scott

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
All i get is a black screen and some cool music, would love to SEE the video.

OK after and hour of searching and downloading I finally got to see the vid.

GREAT WORK!!!

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Phenomenal !

Alex has done a wonderful job, and I hope that he gets all of the credit due for it:icon_thum.

BTW George, now I know that the TS has been used at least once:rotflm:.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
WOW !!!
What a great video. :icon_thum

I own a bunch of woodworking instruction videos, and none are as good as this one. Alex is a very talented guy. He will do well in this world, no matter what he decides to take on. What amazes me the most is how well he gets the information across without speaking a word.

Would it be possible to post the full video on this site, or maybe make some DVD copies available for sale? I would sure love to see it and would be happy to pay for a copy. This might even be a way to help him with college expenses. I'm sure that he could sell a bunch of them.

Charley

sapwood

New User
Roger
Move over Nahm and make room for Alex :icon_thum
And the music is a big improvement over the sound of the DC and jointer :mrgreen:

Roger

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Way COOL!!!!! I have watched this video a number of times and it gets better each time I watch it. Alex's woodworkings skills are great as well as his video work. What will he be like when he's 24, he should go far.
Jack
P.S. I did a pen like Alex does in his video and it turned out great. I love it when I learn how to do something new from some one that is so young.
Thanks,
Jack

dpsnyder

Dan
Corporate Member
Both projects were awesome! It made short work of the pen - great documentary.

I liked that good safety precautions were evident all the way thru - ears, eys, blade guards, etc. Great Job!!

Dan Snyder :icon_thum

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Really awesome work, both video and pen. :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Go

SteveCogs

New User
Steve
I missed this the first time around. All I can say is WOW. One young guy with a lot of talent. Great job.

BiggE98

New User
Eric
Awesome work Alex on the video and pen!:icon_thum Very creative. With the talents you have in multiple disciplines, I believe the future is bright. I have never turned pens, so the video was informative and has sparked my interest in it. Now I just need you to tell my wife I need a lathe.:help:

Eric

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
I saw this young man turn a pen today at the extravaganza, and I was blown completely away!!!! The skill shown was far past any expectations I could imagine. The video is superb!!! I even learned something new from watching, thank you for sharing!!!!:icon_thum

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I saw this young man turn a pen today at the extravaganza, and I was blown completely away!!!! The skill shown was far past any expectations I could imagine. The video is superb!!! I even learned something new from watching, thank you for sharing!!!!:icon_thum

I 2nd this - you where great today Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS