Sawstop Problems on Startup

Davidj

New User
Dave
I have a 12 year old PCS1.75 wired for 220. I was having a problem on startup. I would turn on the main power then start the blade. It would run for about 2 seconds then stop. The thermal overload would trip and the led indicator was for "no blade rotation". As part of my research to fix the problem I came across and old thread in this forum. I have solved the issue and wanted to share the solution.
I was in contact with Sawstop tech support which was disappointing but ultimately did lead to the solution in a round about sort of way.
In short the solution was to open up the motor (removal from the saw was not necessary) and change the contactor ring on the centrifugal switch. A new centrifugal switch from sawstop is currently about 17 dollars. There is a contact on the back of the ring. On my saw that contact was burned out. Once I replaced the ring and reassembled the saw ran find again. I did not replace the whole centrifugal switch, just the contact ring.
I had the same problem once before and that time I replaced the start capacitor.
Simple fix.
I hope this can help save someone out there in Woodworking World frustration and money.

Keep making chips.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors