Sandpaper storage / organization help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Just curious what some of you have come up with for storage solutions in your shops for your sanding supplies. Mine's currently scattered and I'm looking to pull it all together somehow. I've got a 5" and 6" ROS, OSS and performax plus sheets and scotch brite. Thoughts?

gator

George
Corporate Member
I don't have near the number of sanders you have but for my 5" ROS, I found a very old flip-top diskette storage box at a yard sale. Five inch ROS sheets fit perfectly. I made manila dividers for grit sizes.

George

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Good question Steve. Unfortunately, like you I have my sandpaper pretty well scattered. I have seen a couple of plans for a wall mounted cabinets for storing discs, belts, sanding blocks, quartered and full sheets that I considering making. It just a matter of figuring out the best place to hang the cabinet. It will be interesting to hear about some of the storage methods other members are using.

D L

P

PrplHrtJarHead

I use an old slotted "inbox" organizer that hangs from the wall. I got the idea from my Dad who uses a slotted magazine rack. I don't have anything but a 5" palm and one of those old, cheap Black and Decker 1/3 sheet things. My Dad used some book shelf supports and screwed them into the side for his belt sander stuff.

Phil

New User
Phil Capper
I use the plastic storage boxes available at places like wmart. they are available in all sizes and the stack nicely on shelves. I use them for evertything
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS