sander speed control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
I have a Hitachi combo belt/disc benchtop sander which I am highly pleased with especially since I got it at a close out price :gar-Bi Being one to never let a bargain slip by I have also acquired some used similar machines of lesser brands. There are times when I am sanding smaller pieces that the speed of the Hitachi makes me wish it moved a little slower. Is it feasible to incorporate an aftermarket router speed control with one of these other machines for use when I am doing small/delicate pieces ? Lest I be accused of being totally machine dependent and not willing to hand sand, the reason I use the machines is because of the tables and fences assuring my relationship between work faces :wsmile: I already use my drill press with sanding drums in lieu of a spindle sander and find the ability to vary speeds quite handy.

RandyJ

New User
Randy
I'm no expert, but would think as long as the motor isn't a "soft start" type, speed control should work fine. Maybe someone with more expertise will chime it though...good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS