Sand & Suck Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
Well, Paul made me a deal I couldn't refuse, and I've had my eye on that dang sander a while, so here's what I picked up yesterday:

CIMG3595.JPG

This thing's a beast compared to my 6x36 Harbor Freight sander, which served well enough for a couple years. My buddy Gary (NCTurner) is scoring my old HF 6x36 sander for cheap...it was a surprisingly capable machine, and one of the few Harbor Freight tools I would recommend.

While I was at it, may as well make the credit card cry. Will be working on some vacuum jigs on the ShopBot soon, and needed reliable suction. Now look what's lurking behind it, just rarin' to go:

CIMG3596.JPG

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
DUH. Thought I was in the Power Tools forum. Can someone get me outta here before these cavemen come after me with their clubs???

:gar-La;:gar-La;

DaveO

New User
DaveO
No wonder you don't have much $$$ left. I'm curious can a shop vac pull reliable constant suction without burning up the motor? Every time I've sealed or otherwise clogged the hose on my shop vac it sounded like it was going to blow up. I'm asking because I don't know :dontknow::dontknow:

Dave:)

cubicdissection

New User
Eric
No wonder you don't have much $$$ left. I'm curious can a shop vac pull reliable constant suction without burning up the motor? Every time I've sealed or otherwise clogged the hose on my shop vac it sounded like it was going to blow up. I'm asking because I don't know :dontknow::dontknow:

I bought the fein specifically because it has a secondary stage for motor cooling, and thus does not reply on airflow to keep the motor from overheating. The guys on the shopbot forum swear by it, and you'll see many testimonials from people who've been pulling vacuum theirs 8 hours a day for months/years with no problem. I wouldn't try that with my craftsman!

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Eric,
definitely a great gloat,but wouldn't it be alot less noisier with a dedicated vacuum pump.You could run the vacuum remotely,like everybody does with there DC.That is definitely a hoss of a sander.

You Saunk!???
Greg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I bought the fein specifically because it has a secondary stage for motor cooling, and thus does not reply on airflow to keep the motor from overheating. The guys on the shopbot forum swear by it, and you'll see many testimonials from people who've been pulling vacuum theirs 8 hours a day for months/years with no problem. I wouldn't try that with my craftsman!

See, I thought that you knew more about the subject than I did. And my shop vac is a Crapsman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS