Ryobi WDS 1600 Drum Sander - $215 (Winston-Salem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Not mine:no:

http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/tls/1243470022.html
Cantilevered drum sander offers lots of capacity. Stock up to twice the width of the drum may be sanded in two passes. The Ryobi WDS 1600 uses a nonabrasive conveyor that does a great job of gripping stock. Drum can be adjusted to accommodate wide or narrow stock. Ryobi relies on shims (two 0.010-in. shims are provided) to reset the gap between the drum and conveyor at the open end. The table can be shimmed at the open end of the sander and then brought to parallel with the drum. To achieve a wider gap, remove one or two of the shims and retighten the Allen-head screws. To return the drum and table to parallel, the process is reversed. Dust Collection Yes; Horsepower 1 hp; Speed Conveyor: 2 -10 fpm; Maximum stock size: 3 in. thick by 32 in. wide; Minimum stock size: 2-1/4 in. long; Comes mounted on table with second 1/4 HP belt motor. Contact me for photos.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I have one of these and don't be put off with the Ryobi name. This was one of the few heavyduty consumer machines they produced. Ryobi sold the production line to Steel City when they decided to go the Home Depot route. Parts from Steel City's drum sander fit for the most part. Check the switch/controller for the belt drive as these have had problems. My switch/controller has been replaced with an aftermarket rheostat and toggle switch. Copy of the owner's manual is in the download section. If it's in good shape I'd be on this like white on rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors