Ryobi planer $125 Raleigh Craigslist new blades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddler

New User
Todd
I looked into a few of the Ryobi planers and my understanding is that they are decent lunch box planers for the prices. The down side on one model was that new blades were around $40 a set, and that they did have some more snipe on the ends than the heavier planers.

Ryobi has offered at least 3 models and I don't know which one this is. Probably worth an email to find out.

Todd

PS) the AP12 is the one where the blades are very hard to find and expensive.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I've gotten a response and the guy selling it says he is pretty sure it is an AP12. He said he didn't have any problem buying blades online.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this planer?

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I believe I have heard generally good things about the machine. and at $125 it seems like quite a deal.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I believe I have heard generally good things about the machine. and at $125 it seems like quite a deal.

It looks like a great deal, but my tool budget is on hold. We have other expenses that are more important right now. My wife is my voice of reason. Thank goodness. :-D

Nativespec

New User
David
I sold it today-had a new belt too. I still have 2 roller stands, Craftsman 3/8" moritising kit (drill press type), drill press sharpening system (for sharpening tools-not the drill press), 5 craftsman turning tools, square chuck and tool rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS